Chapter 4

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood seperate and at peace, divided by Bridges that acted as door ways between our two realms. But the Gumm-Gumms wanted to devour all of mankind. They were lead by Gunmar The Black. The rest of troll kind fought against him, culminating in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge, the portal to Gunmar's Darklands. After many moons, good triumphed over evil, and our great Trollhunter, Deya the Deliverer, locked Gunmar away, exiling him to the Darklands, and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the sacred amulet. After, we tore it apart, stone by stone. We left the old world in search for peace. We stowed away on a ship called the Mayflower, just a handful of us and some gnomes we'd brought along for companionship and nourishment. Finally, we arrived in a strange and exotic realm." Said Blinky.

"New Jersey." Said Aaarrrgghh.

"We kept walking. Eventually we came across a new heartstone, and we realized we had found a new home... Under Arcadia." Finished Blinky.

Blinky had been reading to us the history of trolls. You sat beside Aaarrrgghh leaning on his arm, with Toby sitting next to you. All three of you had been listening intently, enamoured with the story. You loved learning about troll history, but it seemed Jim did not as he was fast asleep of Aaarrrgghh's other arm. Blinky looked up at us from his book and noticed Jim's state and groaned. We all looked at Jim and Blinky went over to him annoyed, worried for the wrath he was about to face. Blinky snapped the book shut loudly infront of his face, making him wake up in a panic.

"!Lo siento, Señor Draal! !No me mates!" Said Jim fearfully in a panic.

You had no idea what he said as you weren't good in Spanish, and it may have been rude, but you couldn't help but giggle at his funny reaction.

"The training of troll history might seem like a minor duty, master Jim, but-" said Blinky.

"Sorry, I pulled an all-nighter studying for my Spanish Comprehension exam and my brain is muy gooey. I don't know. I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more... Active." Said Jim.

Jim got up and yawned. You got up as well thinking how you'd prefer a study session over fighting any day. You stretched and yawned, and your team was almost immediately followed by Aaarrrgghh's behind you who had also stood up. You didn't think anything of it, other than a crossing thought about a saying people say about yawning. Yawning is contagious amoung friends or family or something. Toby punched the air while talking before leaning on Jim.

"Yeah,like, when is he going to learn Troll-kwondo? Or Rock-itsu?" Asked Toby excitedly.

"Before one fights, Toby D., One must understand why one fights. For these presious early steps will decide whether a young Trollhunter will become a Deya the Deliverer..." Said Blinky proudly pointing to Deya's statue.

"Or Unkar the unfortunate." Said Aaarrrgghh.

"Yeah definitely don't want to be an Unkar." You said shuddering.

Toby and Jim just looked at you and then Blinky with raised eyebrows.

"Well tomorrow, my Spanish exam is with Señor Uhl the Unforgiving. My main concern is for my immediate future." Said Jim determined.

"A-ha! But, to learn what will happen in the future,one must only look to the past." Said Blinky dropping the book into Jim's hands.

Jim almost fell over due to the book wait making you and Toby look at it with wide eyes.

"I recommend A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore by the venerable Bedehilde. Volume one of 47." Said Blinky.

That's alot of reading...