Chapter Six

a/n: ahhhh sorry I forgot to update in the morning

Rose's POV

I looked down at my skates and took a deep breath. I felt uneasy and I wasn't sure what I should do. I couldn't leave because he was blocking the entrance, but I couldn't leave like that either because he came all the way here for a reason. It must have been a long ride; I felt guilty because he tried to talk to me at school but I ignored him. As if he felt the tension in the air he stood up straight and coughed. I noticed his cheeks redden; I ran my hand through my hair preventing myself from smiling at him.

I shoved my hands in my jacket pocket and said, "Go ahead." He shook his head as he looked down at his feet. He finally looked at me making eye contact with me. He pushed his glasses back and a small laugh escaped my lips stopping him. He stopped what he was doing and watched me. I stopped laughing and let the smile stay on my face.
"I didn't know you had glasses," I said. His eyes widened and he quickly took his glasses off of his face. "Sorry, I forgot I didn't realize I wore my glasses today."

The smile on my face faltered as I watched him shove his glasses in his back pocket. I skate quickly towards him, bringing along the harsh air with me, and his eyes never leaving mine. I stood right in front of him and without saying anything I grabbed the glasses from him.

"Why are you saying sorry? You look adorable with these glasses on." I placed the glasses on his face and behind his ears. I brushed his hair to the side so that the glasses would go through and fixed the sides of his hair. I look at him to find him staring at me, too far Rose. I skate backwards keeping some distance between the both of us.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked as I skated so that he could feel more at ease. The way his body is reacting it was obvious that he wasn't comfortable with me. Although, it hurt. I continued to smile and act like that didn't affect me at all.

"I wanted to apologize," he said.
I then asked, "For what?" I stopped skating, my back facing against him, after a while I continued to skate again. I continued to skate, not allowing his words to affect me.

"Can you look at me, please." I sped up and slowed down when I was close by the entrance. I held the entrance door and looked at him. His dark green eyes bore into mine and I took a deep breath. This was making it harder for me.

"I am sorry; hurting you wasn't my intention and I sincerely wanted to apologize t-" I took a step forward closer to him and he stopped talking.

I smiled once again and said, "Don't apologize. It's not your fault, what you said was right. I've always done what I wanted in life without thinking and regrets. When you told me that you didn't appreciate the jokes and everything I wasn't upset about that. I was upset because the way you said it hurt me. I rather have you say it rudely or harshly so I wouldn't feel bad about it. Instead you said it softly and calmly, you were worried that I might've been hurt from what you said. I'm sorry that you came all the way here. I should've just listened to you at school. I'm sorry for running away like that," I said. I never explained or justified what I do like this and it was very new to me. I hoped that I didn't mess up; I don't want to damage anything.

"Why were you running away?" He asked and I laughed as if it was the funniest thing he had said.
"You told me that you didn't want to associate with me anymore, and I was just doing what you had asked me to do." I said and he took a step back as if what I was saying was new to him. He ran his hand against his face and looked away as if he was unsure. What's going on in his head? Had I done something wrong?

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry, I said it out of anger and it was wrong for me to say," he said. I laughed once again and realized what he was saying or at least trying to say.