Hesitant Confessions

They had been silent for far too long and it was making Obito rather nervous. This was worse than last night before he and Kakashi had gotten interrupted. He still couldn't figure out what to say to the other but he could tell that Kakashi was uneasy. He wished he could do something to make the other feel better. Naturally, he was sure if he just left Kakashi alone, the other would feel much better but Obito wasn't willing to leave the other by himself.

Maybe it was far too soon to be trying to make such a confession like this, but Obito felt that if he didn't do it now, he wouldn't ever get the chance. He had to tell the other and just prepare for the worst. No matter what the answer may be, Obito still planned on sticking by Kakashi's side, even if he was flat out rejected.

"Hey...you've been quiet for awhile now. Are you alright?" Kakashi's voice suddenly rang through Obito's ears. The raven stopped almost instantly and glanced toward the gray haired elf. Kakashi was looking at him with a bit of a concerned expression. Had he really been that silent? He knew neither of them had spoken in awhile but he didn't think Kakashi had noticed.

"I'm fine... Sorry. What about you? Is there anything on your mind?" Obito asked, his tone slightly quieter than usual.

"Not really..." That may have been a lie. If Kakashi were to be honest, he was worried about finding out what had actually happened to his people. He knew the Lycan race had turned on them during the last war but Kakashi was scared to find out why. Of course he didn't want to admit that, but it seemed that Obito was able to see right through him.

"You're lying. You're scared aren't you?" Obito asked. He was able to tell by the slightly off tone that had been in Kakashi's voice. He was sure the gray haired male hadn't noticed it himself, but being a demon, Obito was able to pick up on that a lot easier.

"I-" Kakashi had opened his mouth to speak, maybe to even try to lie again but he fell silent almost instantly. He couldn't hide it at all. Sighing quietly, his gaze shifted to the ground. He didn't speak again for a few moments, as if he were trying to find the right words to say. "I just...don't know if I should really uncover the truth or not."

Obito couldn't speak after the confession from Kakashi. He didn't know the other had been starting to feel this way in such a short period of time but he did understand. Without thinking, Obito reached out and placed a hand on Kakashi's shoulder, causing the elf to flinch slightly. Even with the sudden flinching, Obito didn't move his hand. Instead he tightened his grasp slightly.

"Kakashi. You've already made it to Lavanora. You're getting help from Tsunade like you were hoping for. Things are already going well and our journey has only begun. You've got my help as well as Kiriwar's. Not only that but you also found Levi and now someone else will be joining us tomorrow. Even if the rest of them suddenly decide to bail on you, I won't leave you to figure this out alone. No matter what happens, you'll at least have me to help you through everything and that's a promise." Obito spoke sincerely to the worried elf. He was positive the others wouldn't bail on them, but he wanted to make sure that Kakashi knew he would be there if they ever did.

He knew he shouldn't be going so far for someone he had just met a few days ago. There was also the possibility of Kakashi turning on him as well but Obito wasn't worried, especially not after seeing how happy his twin brother was with Deidara. It gave him a bit of hope. If they could be happy together, then why couldn't he possibly be happy with Kakashi? Guess now would be the best time to do this.

"Hey..." Kakashi spoke before Obito could but that was alright.

"Yeah... What is it?" Obito asked as he tilted his head to the side slightly.

"Thank you...For everything..." Kakashi muttered quietly. It was almost impossible to hear the other thanks to the mask that covered his face, but luckily Obito had some really good hearing.

Once again, before Obito could speak, Kakashi ended up surprising him. Before Obito knew it, a pair of slender arms were wrapped tightly around his neck and Kakashi's smaller body was pressed right up against his. Obito hesitated but only for a moment. His arms were soon around Kakashi's waist so he could return the embrace. This was only the second time Obito had gotten to actually hold Kakashi like this, the first time being the other day in the tree.

"Kakashi... I've been debating on if I should tell you this or not. I'm worried that it may be too soon but I don't think it should wait. I may not get another perfect chance like this so I'm going to take it now."

It seemed like the perfect scene. The two of them had stopped on a stone bridge over a small river that ran through the center of Lavanora. Not only that, but the sun was starting to set, causing the sky to have a beautiful mix of orange, red, yellow and many other colors. As Kakashi looked up to meet Obito's gaze, the sunset reflected beautifully off of the gray haired elf's face. The sight was enough to cause Obito to sigh rather quietly. It was now or never. He had Kakashi's full attention and they were still embracing each other.

"You're not going to disappear are you...?" Kakashi suddenly asked quietly. Even though Obito had just told him that he wouldn't be going anywhere, Kakashi just had to ask to be sure.

"Of course not. That isn't what I was going to tell you. Now shush and let me get this out before I lose the guts to actually do it." Obito chuckled lightly as he moved one hand from Kakashi's waist, only to suddenly be rested on Kakashi's cheek. The gray haired elf had a slight feeling he knew where this was going but he kept his mouth shut and waited for Obito to speak.

Once Obito was sure Kakashi wasn't going to talk again, he started going over how to say this in his head. He was clearly hesitating, but that was only because he didn't want to mess this up. He couldn't afford to. He just had to say it. It shouldn't be this hard but damn, it actually was. After several more minutes of silence, Obito finally let out a soft breath, and looked right into Kakashi's eyes.

"Kakashi...I've fallen for you..." He muttered in a low tone.

((Hi there everyone! I have brought to you another update at long last! And unfortunately it ends with a cliff hanger of a confession. So sorry! Gotta keep things interesting! Anyways, sorry this took so long. I've been working a lot and just dealing with personal stuff. I really hope this chapter was worth the wait though! I am unsure of when I'll have the next one done, but hopefully it will be soon! Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Thank you for reading and being so awesome! See you all in the next update!

~~ObsidianSprite))