Second Strike

Obito had hated leaving Kiriwar behind like that, but it had given them the chance to get themselves even closer to Anlwick. The Demon Prince swore that he would return for his old friend, but he wasn't sure when they'd meet again or if Kiriwar would even be alive by the time they got back to him. The thought of that made Obito's blood boil. He wished he could have stayed to help, but he had to keep Kakashi safe.

Just as the group stopped running for a small moment, another sound caught their attention. Levi growled lowly, sensing that it was another Lycan. No surprise there. He glared toward the direction he had heard the sound and not even a moment later, a Lycan with short raven hair and dark colored eyes that had small bags under them appeared in front of the group. He also had a bit of a scruffy face and looked rather done with everything.

"The hell. This fucker looks like he wants to pass out." Levi growled out. "Why is this guy even here?"

"If you underestimate your opponent, you're likely to end up dead." The thin haired raven suddenly looked toward Levi. He may not have looked like much, but there was something rather dangerous about him. "My name is Nile. Which one of you will dare to take me on?" He asked as he looked between the remainder of the group.

"I'll put your ass in an early grave..." Levi growled softly before he looked toward the others. "Let me take care of this guy. Don't let them get their disgusting paws on Kakashi."

"But Levi..." Kakashi wanted to protest, but the shorter raven held his hand up to silence his old friend.

"Get your ass to Human Territory and seek help from that stupid Prince. I hear he's a pretty reasonable man, so he should be able to assist you. I will make sure this guy doesn't follow you." Levi had determination in his tone. He was beyond ready for a fight.

Aoba suddenly reached over and grabbed Kakashi by the arm. He started pulling the grey haired male off in the direction they needed to be heading. Obito started to follow, but was suddenly stopped when he heard a certain voice call out to him.

"Oi, demon freak." Levi didn't look away from his opponent as he spoke, but he knew Obito was glaring at him. "I still have a bone to pick with you about your race trying to kill me before we met. I'll be wanting to deal with that after everything is said and done but for now..." Levi paused and this time looked Obito directly in the eye. "Don't you dare let them catch him..."

Obito sighed a bit and shook his head. He knew Levi hadn't been too thrilled about traveling along with them, especially after he was nearly killed by demons. However, he had proven to be very loyal to their group so far. Obito did have respect for him.

"Oh and one more thing." Levi suddenly called out before Obito could start running off again. When the taller raven looked back, he saw that Levi had removed the crystal Kakashi had given him on the day they met. Levi turned and tossed the crystal to Obito, who caught it with ease. "Make sure he gets that back. I don't need it right now."

As soon as the crystal had left his neck, Levi felt all his dragon abilities once again awakening. It was quite a bit to take in, but he seemed to be managing just fine. Black scales soon started to cover Levi's exposed arms, all the way down to his fingers where sharp talons were forming. The scales were also starting to appear on his face and his eyes turned from silver, to a dark shade of gold. The shirt he wore suddenly ripped completely as large black wings grew from his back. It was only half of his true dragon form, but the very sight was intimidating enough. Smoke came from Levi's nose as he turned to glare directly at the one called Nile.

"Obito...get going. Don't let Kakashi and Aoba get too far ahead of you." He grinned widely for the first time. Fangs were seen poking down from where normal human teeth would be.

"We'll be back for you as well...Just be careful." Obito muttered before he turned and hurried off after the two elves. Levi was right, he couldn't let them get too far away from him.

Once Obito was gone, Levi chuckled lowly and clenched his fist. He was really itching for a good fight now, though he wasn't too positive that this scrawny looking Lycan would give him a fair fight. Nile hadn't flinched at all while Levi had transformed. Sure he was surprised to find that the boy was actually a rather rare Dragon, but that didn't matter to him. His mission was to take at least one of them down and it looked like it would have to be this boy.

"I'll admit, I'm surprised to see what you really are. After the extermination of the Dark Elves, Dragons either died or completely vanished. Many believed that they perished along with those despicable elves. However, it seems that isn't the case now." Nile's tone sounded as if it were mocking Levi. It was true, after the Dark Elves mysteriously got wiped out, a lot of the Dragon's disappeared as well. However, there was at least one village up in the mountains that still thrived; his hometown of Aria.

"Just shut the hell up, you damn wolf..." Levi hated hearing the taller raven talk. It gave him a headache. "This fight...is not only for my friend, but for my entire race as well. I'll be glad to put you six feet under."

"I'd like to see you try such a thing. Now...come and show me the true power of the Dragon race." Nile smirked and watched as Levi charged toward him at full speed. The determination in the raven's eyes and the feeling of his raw power was making Nile rather excited. This would definitely be a fight worth his time.

'Kakashi...Isabel...Farlan...Gaara...and Uncle... This fight is for all of you. If I don't perish here, I'll be seeing you all again soon...' 

((Chapter 20 is here! Also, I'd love to just say that this chapter is all for my best friend @zakarivas . I know Levi is one of their favorite characters and honestly, I'm sad I haven't written much of him! But I hope I captured him well! Also, they've been a huge support throughout this entire story, so I just wanna say thank chu, boo! You are such a blessing! Anyways, another new character as well! More coming up next time! Thanks for reading!

~~Zaylin

New Characters:

Nile Dok: Attack on Titan))