Encounter

A low growl suddenly came from the bush, and out stepped a rather tall wolf-like creature. It was a Lycan. He had light blue fur and wide, dark colored eyes. His teeth were so sharp, they almost looked like shark teeth. Such a sight caused Kakashi to shudder slightly. Obito growled and quickly shoved Kakashi behind himself. This was definitely his first encounter with a Lycan and he wasn't entirely sure how to handle it.

"Well...look what I've found. Such an odd little group." The Lycan spoke in a tone that sounded a bit rough. It almost sounded like he was mocking them. "Two Demons, a Dragon, a Light Elf, and surprisingly a Dark Elf."

"I'm surprised to see that they let one of the dogs out of the territory..." Sly growled slightly. He was ready to fire his bow if this Lycan made one wrong move. "Seems they let you come alone though. How silly."

The Lycan in front of them simply laughed as he looked between all of them. He could easily take them all down by himself if he wanted, however there was one target he was to obtain, alive. His gaze fell on Kakashi. A smirk formed on his face when he watched the elf back up slightly. This elf was just as his scout had described down to the last detail. Shaking his head, the Lycan suddenly turned into his human form. Bluish skin, short blue hair and the same wide eyes. A toothy grin suddenly appeared on his face.

"I have no interest in the majority of you. My target is right over there." He pointed toward Kakashi, watching in amusement as Obito got real defensive.

"You can't have him. We'll kill you before we let you take him away." Obito growled loudly, his eyes turning a dark shade of crimson red. The others in the group all nodded their heads before standing in the Lycan's way.

"Ha! You're all weak. You can't defeat me like that. Just hand him over before I kill all of you before you can blink. The leader of our land wants him alive and I intend on completing this mission I was assigned." The blue haired male took a step forward, only to move his head to the side when an arrow was shot at him. He smirked toward Sly.

"What the!? How the hell did I miss...?" The lighter blue haired male asked. He never missed a shot, especially not at this close of range.

"I told you. You won't be able to defeat me, so don't even try to oppose me. My name is Kisame. I am the leader's right hand man. He wouldn't have sent me out here alone if he thought I couldn't handle this." The wolf, now known as Kisame, simply laughed and placed a hand on his hips. "However, I think a game of chase would be a little more fun."

The group glared toward the Lycan in front of them. A game of chase? What the hell did that mean? Obito didn't like it one bit. He couldn't risk losing Kakashi to the likes of this guy. However, it wouldn't be easy to get away from him either. Since he was a wolf, Obito knew he had all of their scents down.

"I'll retreat for now, but you better watch your backs. You never know where I'll be coming from next." Kisame turned and started to walk away, however he paused and glanced back over his shoulder. His gaze was directed right at Kakashi. "Our leader looks forward to seeing you, little Dark Elf..."

Kisame disappeared moments later, none of them let their guard down. This guy could come back at any moment and none of them wanted to risk that. After several minutes of complete silence, Sly lowered his bow and turned toward the group. His eyes were actually back to their light brown color and his face didn't look nearly as serious. Aoba must have been back in control now.

"He's gone for now... I don't sense him anywhere." His tone was also back to its much gentler tone. Slowly, the group relaxed ever so slightly. They still didn't want to fully let their guard down, but they had to get moving. Aoba had gone to the tree where the arrow he had fired was stuck. He removed it swiftly and returned it to the quiver on his back. "We need to hurry."