𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Not much had happened in the month since Alex began staying with Charlie. They bought her some new clothes so that she wouldn't be stuck borrowing the older girl's and got her a haircut to trim off the split ends. There were a few conversations about enrolling her in the local high school but it was decided that it was safer to have the Barton girl tutor her instead. In between their academic lessons, the two girls had been training day and night to get to the level Alex wanted to be at. According to the redhead, she wasn't even halfway there.

Alex came through the door with three bags of groceries after Charlie finished cleaning up the kitchen from the mess they made during breakfast. The younger girl greeted the Barton girl with a smile as she placed them on the counter before they put everything away. As soon as that was taken care of, they sat down on the couch and began to watch a movie. The two girls were only ten minutes in when Charlie got up to get them some drinks from the fridge. Right as she grabbed the cold bottles, her phone went off before she placed the cans on the counter and pulled out her phone to reveal a text from her father.

CLINT:
How's it going
with Speedy?

CHARLIE:
Everything's great!
You'd really like her!

CLINT:
You sure you can
trust her, Char?

CHARLIE:
Well, it's been a month and she
hasn't done anything so...yeah

CLINT:
Just be careful

CHARLIE:
Always am

Just as she was about to put her phone away, it started ringing again before Steve's contact picture popped up. Charlie just stared at his name on the screen for a moment then she let out a sigh and walked into her bedroom to answer the call.

"I need you to come in," the Man Out of Time told her before she even had a chance to get a word out.

"This really isn't the best time. I-"

"Charlie...it's Wanda."

As soon as the telekinetic's name left his mouth, the Barton girl's body became as still as a statue. A million thoughts swam through her head about all the things that could be going on with the Maximoff girl.