𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After a few hours of going through a lot of different procedures that she couldn't name even if she tried, Charlie found herself in a cell in the Raft between her father and Scott. Silence surrounded them as the Barton girl walked as close as she could to the glass before her gaze locked on a sorry-looking Sam. She quickly broke eye contact with him to lie back down on her cot and stare at the plain white ceiling above her. Charlie's thoughts went back to the Maximoff twins as she replayed the moment they were dragged away from everyone else in her head.

The young archer's attention was quickly drawn to the source of the sound that broke the soundlessness. Charlie would be the first to admit she was surprised to see Tony walking through the main entrance of the room that housed their cells. His eyes scanned the room and took in all of their faces except for Charlie's, causing shock to course through her veins. As her brain tried to figure out why the Stark man couldn't bring himself to look at her, Clint began to sarcastically clap while the rest of the heroes got to their feet.

"The Futurist, ladies and gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not," Hawkeye mocked as he got to his feet and placed his hands on the glass in front of him while staring down Iron Man.

"Give me a break, Barton," Tony responded while rubbing a hand down the side of his face before letting out a long sigh, "I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on."

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony."

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. This place is for maniacs. This place is for..."

"Criminals? Criminals, Tony," Clint responded without even trying to hide the anger in his voice, "think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't use to mean me. Or Charlie, or Sam, or Wanda. But here we are."

"Because you broke the law. I didn't make you. You read it, you broke it. Alright? You're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?"

As soon as she heard his last comment, Charlie's blood began to boil as her eyes scanned over the brunette man standing in front of her father's cell. Her mind raced with memories of her older brother Asher and her mother while she studied the Stark man. It wasn't long after that when the images quickly changed to the family she gained since the traumatizing accident. Everything Clint had done since joining S.H.I.E.L.D. was for his family and there was no way Charlie was going to sit there and let Tony use them against him.