𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After running for what felt like forever after a super-soldier and an Air Force veteran, the three of them finally arrived at the east wing of sub-level 5. They were greeted by silence throughout the halls until they turned down one of the corridors of the wing to find one of the guards lying unconscious on the floor. Once Steve finished checking for his pulse, he stood back while letting a relieved sigh escape him. The three of them exchanged a quick look and continued down the hall toward where Bucky was supposed to be held.

As soon as they reached the end of the corridor, they were greeted by more unconscious guards scattered across the floor. Charlie's eyes scanned over the wreckage for a moment before her view was blocked by Captain America stepping in front of her.

"Go back," Steve told the Barton girl with a hint of determination in his eyes. When she didn't make a move to retreat back in the direction they came, he let out another sigh while rubbing a hand over his face before his eyes locked with hers once again. "Charlie-"

"You got me into this, Steve. I'm gonna help you clean up this mess whether you want me to or not."

The determination on Steve's face transformed into a defeated look on his face before he forced Charlie behind himself and Sam. After sending a glare at their backs, the Barton girl let the silence surround them once again. She followed the two of them into the room where Bucky once was, only to be greeted by a voice begging for help. Their attention instantly turned towards the man who was interrogating the Winter Soldier as he lay on the floor feigning injury.

"Get up," Steve ordered as soon as he walked towards the brunette man. When the stranger didn't even try to get to his feet, an irritated sigh escaped the Man Out of Time before he grabbed the man's collar and pinned him against the wall behind him. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall."

As soon as he finished saying those five words, Bucky made himself known and swung his vibranium arm at Charlie and Sam. The Wilson man managed to push the girl out of the way before ducking to avoid his punch just in time, making the Winter Soldier hit the wall behind them instead. The Barton girl swung her legs at the Barnes man in an attempt to sweep his legs out from under him, only for the latter to grab her legs and throw her into the wall next to Steve. Charlie gasped to get air back into her winded lungs before she looked back to see Sam get thrown into the glass box in the middle of the room.

Her eyes stayed glued to the Wilson man's unconscious form then they traveled back to the Winter Soldier when he started to approach her. Steve soon forgot about the fake interrogator and joined the fight against his best friend before the two of them disappeared into the other room. Just as the Barton girl was about to get to her feet to help Captain America, she felt someone grab her by the collar before she was forced against the wall behind her. A small groan passed over her lips as she slowly opened her eyes to find the fake interrogator staring at her with a sinister smirk on his lips.