𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Darkness surrounded Charlie as she continued to walk in a straight line toward nothing she could see. There was nothing she could see that could help her out of the never-ending darkness. After taking another few steps through the dark world that surrounded her, a bright light appeared out of nowhere in the distance. The Barton girl sprinted as fast as she could toward the daylight, desperately wanting to escape the eerie black. After her eyes adjusted to the light, Charlie found herself back in Sokovia, looking no different from the day she left it.

Buildings collapsed. Cars destroyed. Streets deserted. Once the scene had been burned into her head for the thousandth time, Charlie walked through the abandoned roads to try to find any sign of life. But she knew she'd only come up empty. She always came up empty no matter how hard she tried to change it.

After walking down a few more stranded pathways of Sokovia, her feet became glued to the ground beneath her at the sight of a familiar head of platinum blonde hair coming into view. Her eyes stayed glued to the boy for a moment, knowing that no matter what she did the outcome would still be the same. But that didn't stop her from walking towards him.

"Pietro," Charlie whispered before the initial shock left me and she sprinted towards him without a second thought going through her head, "Pietro!"

Once she got closer, the Barton girl came to a sudden stop when she noticed the bright red stains on his shirt. Charlie forced herself to meet his piercing gaze after studying the state he was in as tears began to stream down her cheeks. Just as their gazes meet, the Maximoff boy crumbled to the ground at her feet before his lifeless blue eyes stared back at her.

"I thought you were a hero, anđeo. I thought you were going to save me," his voice met the girl's ears, causing her breathing to quicken as she continued to stare at his motionless form, "but you failed."

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Charlie's eyes flash open and she let out a gasp as she quickly sat up to find herself in an unfamiliar room. Sweat rolled down her face and tears formed in her eyes while her newest dream repeated in her head. She didn't hesitate to blink them away before anyone could see to avoid any more unwanted attention. It wasn't long after she managed to calm herself down when the archer sensed another presence in the room, making her body tense. A silent, shaky breath passed over her lips as she slowly looked up to see Tony sitting in one of the chairs on the other side of the room. Charlie kept her eyes on the Stark man while he stared back at her with concern in his eyes.