Chapter 3

~Skyler's Pov~

"How dare that bastard" Grandpa said in shock while looking down at me.

"Stop crying dear, he must be jealous that he can't cook like you" Gramma said wiping my tears away.

"H-he said my food taste like garbage" I cried even louder.

Never in my life that someone insulted my food and shouted at me in front of many people.

Did I do something wrong for him to act that way? Far as I know he was the one who did something wrong. I just wanted my apple and he bought me one and that's it I didn't bother him anymore, but for him to shame me at my work is just wrong. How could he say that to my food knowing that I put my full effort in every dish I cook.

---------Time Skipped----------

I woke up around night time and didn't realize I fell asleep. I entered the bathroom and saw myself at the mirror. My eyes are so puff, how could I go to school looking like this.

I quickly headed down to see James sitting with my Grandparents.

"Hey" I said making them look at me.

"Hey, don't listen to that douch" he said and I chuckle a bit.

"Anyways, I thought I drop by to remind you tomorrow is Monday and he have school" he chuckle and I nodded.

Last time when I thought it was still Sunday and I came to work early and they told me it's Monday so I quickly headed to school and I got a 2 hours detention for being so late.

"Yeah I remember" I smiled.

We started eating dinner and talk about the man from earlier, and to think of it, he was really cute, I smiled at the thought but quickly faded when I remember how he insulted my cook.

Does my cooking really taste bad?

After dinner, James left shortly and I wash the dishes since I don't want Gramma or Grandpa doing house chores when I'm here. I quickly headed upstairs and took a quick shower before changing into my pajamas. I stared at the ceiling and still can't forget how that handsome guy insulted my food. I wonder if he finds me cute too I smiled at my thoughts before falling asleep.

-----Jump---Jump---jump-------

I woke up still feeling a bit hurt from the words that, that guy told me. I glance at my phone and saw I still have time to do things, I headed towards the bathroom and took a shower, before getting ready and I wore a yellow shirt with spongebob's face on it then I wore a plain black jean and a black vans shoes. I glance down at my shoes and saw it was really old and it looks like it's gonna tear into pieces. I'll just work hard to buy new ones.

I headed downstairs to see my grandparents waiting for me. After we ate breakfast I grab my lunch that Grandpa prepared and started walking towards my school.

After a few minutes I made it and saw James waiting for me.

"Hey" he greeted and I smile

We headed inside and was suprise when Mr. Pito was smiling at me.

"Glad you can join us today" he said making me chuckle, with that I started the day.

School really went fast than I expected, all I did was write on the board, read and write essays.

I quickly headed, but debating whether should I got to work today or not. Then I decided I should cuz we need money. I took a quick shower and wore my work uniform before walking towards my job. As a routine I bought my apple and wave at Gumby and got greeted by my coworkers before heading into the kitchen.

I started cooking orders, I was cooking carbonara when my sight quickly turn blurry for a split second, I slowly back away and massaged my head. I was feeling so hot, I don't feel so good. I lean on the counter and close my eyes feeling if I'm sick or not. About a couple of minutes pass my head get ever hotter.

I quickly headed out and approached my manager and excuse myself before calling an uber which costs a lot, I headed up to my room and flopped in bed. I massaged my head a bit and drank the medicine that Grandpa gave me which made me more dizzy. I rest my hands since I was massaging my head for a couple of minutes before passing out from the medicine.