Chapter 19

NOTICE! THIS IS A DARK CHAPTER. I UNDERSTAND THAT MOST OF YOU ARE HERE FOR KINKY FUN STUFF, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS CHAPTER. I WILL POST A SHORTENED SUMMARY OF THIS CHAPTER IN THE NEXT ONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS ONE. AS SUCH, I AM KEEPING THIS CHAPTER SHORT FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO SKIP SO NOTHING IS MISSED.

"I'm sorry, she did what?" Cynthia's shocked and angry eyes peer deeply into mine and I just give her a soft side-smile.

"let me start from the beginning. It's a long story so I hope you're ready." I let out a soft sigh and close my eyes before opening them again to glance between the three of them. "I was born originally in Long Island. My parents were Elizabeth and Jeremy Hart, my mom was a waitress and my dad worked for a private security company as both a tech and a part-time guard."

"A man of many talents." Karin interject. I smile at her softly and give a nod.

"Yeah. He was. My dad was a really smart dude, but he was also supposedly really muscular and tall. He was a big guy with a just as big heart. Him and my mom did a lot of charity work and helped with fundraisers and community service and such. They were high school sweethearts, and supposedly married straight after graduation. They went to separate colleges in different states, but they wrote to each other every day. I'm sure I have the letters saved somewhere in my aunt's house... Oh! I'll be right back!"

I only barely manage to catch their confused glances as I turn around and run to my room, rummaging through my drawers until I come across my wallet, pulling it free from the drawer with a soft smile before making my way, much slower, back to my seat. The three of them look at me curiously as I open it up and pull out a small, creased photograph, and hold it out to them. Cynthia takes it from me and turns it around, tilting her head a bit as she looks at it. 

I can't help but grin. 

"Need your glasses, Mistress~?"

"Watch it, little girl..." she glances over the top of the photo with her eyes playfully narrowed, before looking back down at it. "I assume this is them, in the picture?"

"Yes, that's right. This was them a few weeks before High School graduation, I believe. My dad was a star athlete and my mom was a bit of an outcast. A super-nerd. I had a picture of her too, on my dresser at my aunt's house. She was dressed up for a family thing and he had just gotten out of basketball practice. He always said that it was her red hair that initially caught his attention. When he first asked her out, she slapped him because she thought it was a prank."

"Oh my gods, really!? That's awful..." Karin frowns at me and I give her a soft nod and a shrug. 

"Yeah well, like I said, she wasn't exactly the most popular person in school. But my dad loved her anyway. Anyway, they got married after High School, but mom stayed in New York for school, while dad went off to California. When they both graduated, they decided they were ready to settle in and have a child..." I trail off a bit at the end, looking down at the ground and kicking softly at the ground. A hand on my chin brings my head back up and I look into Cynthia's concerned frown. I sigh. "They tried to get pregnant for a while. About 5 years, I think. But they had several issues. It took a lot of work to get a pregnancy started. And getting it to stick was another thing entirely. It was never shared with me what my mother was finally diagnosed with, but after several treatments, they felt they had to get away. They saved up enough to go on vacation overseas. They intended to use superstition where medicine had failed, going from place to place and praying at various fertility shrines in hopes that by some miracle, they would be able to conceive. And, well, it obviously worked, because here I am!"