Chapter 22

I lay silently, curled up with my back pressed up against Mistress, her face nestled into the back of my neck and arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I hadn't received even a moment alone since we got back to the mansion, the three of them crowding me incessantly to make sure I was okay. It wasn't as though I didn't appreciate it, because I did. But being coddled was the last thing I needed.

I've been laying here for about an hour now. Mistress surely must be asleep by now. To test, I reach my hand back and give a gentle poke to her side. She twitches against me, but doesn't react other than that. I let out a silent sigh of relief and get to work, shifting myself free of her arms and scooting over to the edge of the bed. I glance back over my shoulder, tensing up when she rolls over onto her back and mutters under her breath, but relaxing again when she stops moving. I slip myself off and go over to the closet, pulling out my tank top and shorts, and slowly making my way out of her room.

I walk through the halls, pulling my shirt over my head and shuffling my shorts up my legs as I walk, padding barefoot against the hard floor and making my way toward the dining hall, making my way in and stepping into the open space off to the side. I sit down in the middle of the floor, crossing my legs, resting my hands in my lap, and closing my eyes. I take slow, deep breaths in through my nose, and back out through my mouth, trying to center myself.

I slowly open my eyes again and hold my hands out in front of me, muttering softly under my breath as I will heat into my hands, letting the flames start out small, and gradually increasing in size, letting it grow to a considerable extent, but nothing too severe, about the size of a decent campfire, before easing it back down to a small flicker. I go back and forth a few times, letting it grow bigger with each breath in before easing it back down to a wisp with each breath out.

The sudden sound of footsteps makes me panic and I quickly extinguish the flames, hiding underneath the dining table, easing my breathing down to a slow enough pace to make it quiet, and lay flat on the floor so I can see.

I catch a glimpse of Mistress' long nightgown as she comes around the corner and I feel my chest tighten nervously. She pads around for a moment, going down the hall one way, then back down the other. "Dammit..." she mutters under her breath. "I knew she was gonna run away..."

I let out a quiet sigh and crawl out from under the table, rubbing my arms. "I didn't run away... I just wanted some time to myself..."

She immediately turns her head to face me and sighs with relief, running over to wrap her arms around me and hold me against her, turning her head back. "She's in here! It's fine!" She quickly turns her head back to face me and grips my cheeks, forcing me to look down at her as she narrows her eyes at me. "I really wish you would stop doing that, Jennifer. I thought you'd gotten spooked and took off."

I quickly shake my head and lean down into her, burying my face into her neck. "I'm sorry... I came out here to practice, is all. But you guys didn't give me any space after we got home from the club, so I figured I'd wait until you all were asleep..."

Cynthia pulls away from me just a bit, then sighs and shakes her head. "I mean, can you really blame us? It seems every time we give you a moment to yourself, something happens." she chuckles and shakes her head, before looking back at me and brushing her hand against my cheek, giving me a seductive smirk. "I'm tempted to just handcuff us together. Keep you with me at all times."

The thought of it sends a tingle down my spine and I chew my lower lip, then shake my head and narrow my eyes at her playfully. "Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Her seductive smirk turns into a sadistic grin and she approaches me, forcing me to walk back until I'm pressed back against the table, and places her hands on either side of me, keeping me pinned between. "I would... Just think of all the possibilities..." she reaches her hand up to run her fingers through my hair. "Keeping you at my side, reaching around with my free hand and pinching your sides, poking your ribs, whenever I want. And you can't escape from me."