Chapter 4

3-year time skip, Naruto is now ANBU captain & 6 years old

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

"Bullshit, like hell, you're making me go to the academy!"

"You need to socialize and make friends your age. The only 'friends' you have are Kurama and your ANBU team."

"Yeah, but you know I don't know how to socialize. Like, what even is it? Can I eat it???"

"Naruto, you're going, and that's final!"

"I'm guessing it's for the last Uchiha?" She knew of the Uchiha. Itachi was on her team. He was kind of like an older brother to her, and she was one of the few that knew the truth behind the Uchiha massacre.

"Yup, and because of that, you need to put up a mask, in other words, go undercover." The Hokage was still focused on his paperwork and only looked up when naruto slammed her small fist on his desk.

"BUT I'LL BE SO FUCKING BORED. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT AROUND AND DO NOTHING FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS?!?" She already knew everything there is to know about ninja and ninja history, so there's seriously no point in sending her to the academy.

"Yes, that is the expectation."

"Whatever! I'll do it, but once I graduate, the mask is coming off!" She said while having a mental argument on what her mask should be.

"Do as you please. I have some rules for you: don't show your power, who you are, and keep 'them' safe." The Hokage emphasized them, taking his eyes off his paperwork to look at Naruto in the eyes, who seemed to understand what he was referring to when saying them.

~~~~~~

'Hey Kurama, you awake?'

'I am now.' He stretched out his limbs and yawned, rubbing his eyes. At the moment, they were in Naruto's mindscape. 'When did you become such a big baby?'

She walked through the space between the bars of the cage to Kurama. 'Why are you STILL such a big baby?' He shot back at her.

'Ouch, anyway, I know you heard the conversation between Jiji and me. Now tell me, what should my mask be?' She tapped her chin and sat down with her legs crossed.

'Dress like a boy and go as the dumb goofball that always goofs around and does nothing.'

'Not a bad idea. I'm a girl, so I'll have to hide the hair. When I start to develop, it'll be harder for me to hide my gender.'

'It's called a genjutsu. Just place one on yourself, and it'll make your job a lot easier.'

'I seriously don't know what I would do without you!'

'You'd be a hopeless little shit who probably wouldn't be alive today.' Kurama said nonchalantly.

'Oof, yeah, thanks for that information.'

'No problem, now can you leave me alone. I need my beauty sleep.' He yawned, going straight to sleep.

'Lazy ass fox.'

She left her mindscape and decided to get ready for tomorrow. "I don't wanna go to school!" She had a little fit in her room before contemplating whether or not she should ditch her mission. "Jiji will chase me down if I don't go. So I might as well go, saves me the hassle and energy of planning my runaway.

~~~~~~~~

Word count: 541