Chapter Seven

Rose's POV

"Yes," he said. A part of me was hoping that he was lying but from the look on his face I guess I can only hope. I moved back, respecting what he had said before. There are to be boundaries and since we were going to be friends I'll need to learn how to control myself. I've never done it before hopefully I don't mess it up.

I got up and reached my hand out towards him so that he could grab it. He grabbed my hand but as he was getting up he fell back down on his butt. I burst out laughing as he laid down on the ground in pain. After a while he laughed along with me as he rubbed his back with his hand.

I felt shivers run down my spine, my arms ghosted with goosebumps leaving me cold. I stared at the boy who laughed like an angel. I let out a sigh that I seemed to have been holding in for a very long time. His laughter died down, realizing that I wasn't laughing with him anymore but I was staring at him.

"You have a beautiful laugh," I found myself asking. I mentally wanted to beat myself up for saying my thoughts out loud. The tips of his ear turned red; I tightened my fists tightly this is going to end well. I need to control myself- actually I don't. I noticed something in the back of his pocket and I smiled. Well, well, well, you thought you could fool me. I placed both of my hands in front of him this time ensuring that this time he won't fall. He grabbed my hands and I pulled him up. He held my hands tightly and balanced himself so that he could stand up straight.

"I have a confession," I said honestly.

His eyes narrowed at me and he said, "Are you going propose to me this time?" My eyes widened in shock and I slapped his chest making him stumble back. But he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him. Clumsy.

"Not yet," I said. I stood there silent waiting for him to take his hands off of me but he made no move to. I restrained myself from raising my eyebrows at him and asked him what he was doing. But what I was about to say next, at the end he'll do it willingly without me even telling him to.

"I think we should hold off on the friends part because I can't control myself around you. I can see that it makes you uncomfortable so I will respect your space. I'm just going to need some time," I said while smiling. His eyes showed many emotions in which I couldn't comprehend and it intrigued me.

"Why do you like me?" He asked. I thought about why I liked him and there were many reasons as to why I did. Not only does he look good but his personality is what attracted me the most. The way he's polite with people even if they are rude to him. Him opening doors for people, helping those that are in need, how he thinks about others before himself, and much much more. I could go on for days.

I stared into his beautiful, captivating eyes and said, "I just...do." He has a girlfriend and if I told him the reason why then god knows what I would say. Because once I start talking I will talk to the very end and I probably won't remember what I'll say. But it will make a huge difference with the other person and I'm not sure if I want that.

"How can you love someone without a reason?" He asked, confused. I tilt my head slightly sideways and said, "I don't need a reason to love you, Elliot. I love you because you are just you. What was the saying, ah...love at first sight. You can call it that."

He stared into my eyes, seriously and said, "How do you know it's love and not just a figment of your imagination." My hands wrapped his waist pulling him closer to me, he finally realized that his arms were still wrapped around me. He tried to take his arms off of me but was trapped due to my arms. I smiled at his attempt.

"Sweetheart, I've never liked anyone in my life. When I laid my eyes on you a couple months ago, I just knew you were the one. And I know what I want," I said while whispering. I made sure we had eye contact with one another. I grabbed his right hand that was wrapped around my waist and I placed it against my chest. He didn't try to take his hand off of where I had placed it.

He stood there confused, it seems to me he is always confused when he is around me. I guess I have that effect on people.

"Why is it so fast?" He asked me like a seven-year-old asking their mothers as to where babies come from. I wasn't sure if he was actually serious or not but the way he stared at me explained it all.

He stared at me genuinely and I said, "You're the reason why it's fast." He seemed like he was fighting with himself on the inside. Why is it so hard for him to understand why? He brought his other hand and placed it against his chest. He tried to listen to his heartbeat and mine at the same time.

"Here, let me try," I said. I removed his hand down and placed my hand against his chest. His heartbeat was pounding harshly against his chest as if it was trying to get onto mine. I found myself getting closer to him.

"Why is yours fast?" I asked. He didn't say anything and he didn't need to. Although, his mind was telling him another story his heart and eyes were saying something else. I pulled my hand off of his chest and he shook his head.

"Do I make you nervous, Elliot?" I asked.

"Because you make me nervous," I said. He laughed at what I said and looked away disbelievingly as if what I said was a lie.

"You think I'm lying?" I am amused. He looked back at me and looked at me straight in the eyes, "You don't seem nervous." I smiled cheekily, "Doesn't mean I'm not nervous. You should give yourself some credit. You're quite irresistible if you ask me oh and cute. I can't wait until you loosen up because I think we can have a good time together. We may be the polar opposites but you know what they say opposites attract." There was some sort of silence between the both of us and it was the type that was good. Our eyes were doing the talking and our hearts were doing the thinking. Well at least from my view is what I thought.

"I think we should get going, it's getting late," I said. I grabbed his hand and held it against mine and skated towards the entrance but he stopped me by pulling me back. He stared at me right in the eyes and gave me a small smile.

"Can you teach me how to skate?" He asked. I was about to object but I then realized that he wanted to spend more time here with me. Why else would he want to stay here; I had given him a chance for him to leave but he doesn't want to. Why is that?

"Sure, baby." He blushed furiously, he's so darn cute. I poked his cheek and he pulled himself away groaning but I could have sworn that I had seen a smile on his face. He turned himself around and tried to skate away, his back was slightly bent as he dragged himself across the rink. I quickly skated around and stood in front of him, scaring him making him fall for the upteenth time.

I gave him the L as I skated backwards, "Catch me if you can, Eli." He got up and skated towards me as if he was a pro and he was faking it this whole entire time. He smiled at me mischievously and suddenly felt panicked. I skated backwards a bit faster as he skated towards me, "I thought you didn't know how to skate?"

He laughed and said, "I don't, I just learned by watching you. If I were you I'd run." I turned around quickly and skated as fast I could. I turned around a couple of times to see him slowing down at times but then out of nowhere he'd go fast. I laughed at him, which only motivated him to go faster.

I screamed as he got closer to me and I heard him chuckling. The sound of my screaming and his laughter echoed throughout the rink.

I was happy.