I Love You

Vee's POV

"With P'Bar I like him but I loved him" My feet froze to the ground along my hands that froze on the door nob. Everything stopped when I heard the familiar voice coming from inside the restroom, the words did hit but what hurt more were the sobs that came with those words and I knew my selfishness is the cause of those painful sobs. "I loved him James and it hurts." The shaking voice echoed again into my ears and I wanted nothing more then to walk in and hug the crying frame of the young boy whom I loved so dearly as I apologize for every wrong so he can consider to allow himself to forgive me but I can't do that. I am scared to face him or to even face his friend who seems to cherish him.

"Want some water?" The other boy asked inside the restroom when the sound of crying was muffled out of the atmosphere and I moved away from the door that I held when I felt the nob in my hand turn. James, the young boy who seems to hate me too much walked out and started glaring at me as I was still standing dazed at the door, trying to understand what I should be doing. I waited for the boy to say something and start cursing at me but no words fell on my ears as he walk away from me and into the canteen leaving me to stare at the closed door that separated me from Mark in front of me.

I sighed heavily, placing my hand back on the nob 'Either I meet him or not, it's killing me both ways so why not?' I thought to convince no one but myself before turning the nob and opening the door. Mark sat there on the floor, back leaned against the door of a toilet stall with knees folded to his chest as his head rest on them. Seeing the boy like that only reminded me of the scene I had never seen but Bar had told me many time to remind me why I should stay away from the said boy that it is now engraved in my own memory. My feet stumbled back as I lost my courage to face him but the sound of my feet was loud enough to catch Mark's intention as he looked up and started staring at me.

"P'Vee" He said in a confused tone before standing up, the boy looked startled but soon shrugged any emotions that were apparent on his face earlier as he calmly walked towards the sink, ignoring my presence as if it equals to the air in the room and started washing his face that was beautifully lined with tears from earlier.

"Mark" My voice broke as I called out and walk inside closing the door. Mark didn't answer or even look up and just kept playing with the water. "Can we talk?" I spoke again when there was no response.
Once again there was no response which me nervous as I bit my lip before the boy moved and walked towards the door.

"What are you doing?" Mark finally spoke but angrily as I had walked in front of the door and blocked his way out. I know I am selfish and I know I should be doing this or even have tried to talk to him even at the trip but I was at my limit, I had been away for a year and it hurt. "Move" He said a little louder this time but I shook my head. "Then what? you plan to stand there forever?" He scoff; Right now I have no words and I don't know what I even want to say, I just want him to know that I am sorry and I feel too guilty and how much I love him. I just want him to stop hurting.

"I am sorry for this too" I say before leaning forward hugging the boy who was clenching the fabric of his pants in his hand to avoid and hide any emotions on his face, I hugged him placing one hand on the back of his head to burry his face into my shoulder.

"What..." He mouthed in disbelief before struggling to move away from me but I can't let him go, if I did I won't survive "let go" he shouted while hitting me and I held him tighter before the boy went silent and stopped moving around.

"You are a bad person" he spoke softly this time as I felt the shirt around my shoulder get moist.

"I know"

"I hate you"

"I know"

I accepted everything as the boy cried, now clinging to the shirt on my back. His words of hate hurts me a lot but were also over shadowed by his confession of love towards me that he spoke earlier to his friend. Right now I am just grateful that he didn't kept pushing me away cause a little more and I would have let go, he allowed me to be here that's enough right?

"I love you Mark"