Chapter 22

DOUBLE UPDATE!! Yes ik I'm amazing!

Train. Train. Train.

Beating the tree with all my might, I needed to train my muscles. My hands were now sore, cuts and scratches tearing through my knuckles as I continue my punches.

The weak joints in my body had to be stiffer.
I cannot afford to miss this opportunity to kill a NewBorn.

Emotions were searing through me. Years of numbness were slowly dissolving.
And now the feelings were eating me away.

Betrayal. Anger. Confusion.

No.

I cannot afford to have these emotions. They will make me weak. And I cannot be weak.

I need to train harder.

Darkness begins to fall as the moonlight welcomes its presence. It pools around me, as though a muddle of silk; glistening and twinkling against the encroaching blackness that surrounded it.

An unusual peacefulness hung over me as I looked up to the sky, landing a final jab on the dented wood.

My heavy panting echoing through the silence as I listened to my blood surging through my body.

My eyes glued to the bundle of virginal light.
A full circle of creamy white, outshining through the hapless murkiness.

As though it were a beacon of hope.

Stars shined beside it, dancing in the dark as though creating a path for the moon to be seen.

A foreign sensation weighed my heart as the weights on my shoulders begin to ease.
A knot in my throat as it suddenly begins to dry.
And a sting to my nose as my eyes begin to water.

I was crying.

Not out of pain.
But out of sadness.

Damn you memories.

I thought back to the face of the angel that clouded my thoughts. Her blissful touch and melodic voice yearned me to feel and hear them one more time.

The dead body that disappeared into dust. His final smile as his brown eyes looked into my own. A complete copy of my own eyes as though he gave them to me.

I muffled my wails as I bit my bottom lip ferociously. The metallic taste seeping into my tongue as I licked the sting away.

The sound of a broken twig catches my attention. Quickly shifting into my defensive stance, my attention was teared towards the sound.

Wiping my eyes with the back of my hands quickly before I focus on the figure shrouded in darkness emerging under the moonlight.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's me."