Kill and Live [2]

As the elevator descended the others looked at me with suspicious glares, while I, gave them a smug look.

Man, this is gonna be great. As they say...

Time to go Ace Attorney in this bitch.

The elevator stopped and the door opened up. The room in front of us as a circle of podiums for 16 students. Why there was one extra, I'll assume for symmetry. Blue wallpaper, red curtains, and some other stuff I don't feel like listing...

 Blue wallpaper, red curtains, and some other stuff I don't feel like listing

Wink.

"Goodie-Gumdrop! Took ya' time, I see." Monokuma said in a throne behind the circle of podiums. "Be honest now, you were expecting something considerably less tasteful." Monokuma said with his head in his palm. "Screwed up either way if ya' ask me." Mondo responded.

"Before we start, I have a question relevant to our task. Why the portraits?" Kirigiri asked. "Why not? Just cause they're dead, I hate for them to miss the proceedings." Monokuma answered. "And the extra podium belongs to who? Counting our departed classmates, we number 15. Why 16 places?" Celestia asked. "You're reading too much into it, darlin'. That extra podium means this courtroom is tricked out for a maximum of 16 jurors. Speaking of which," Monokuma said darling his tone. "That's all the time we've got for pleasantries." Monokuma stated. "Ladies and Germs! Time to get judicial!" Monokuma shouted.

"Finally. Time to stop a hate crime." I said holding my hand out as if there was a gun. I pretended to load in a clip, the others watching in confusion. I turned my left hand into a finger gun and smirked. I pointed it at every last one of my classmates before making it land on Monokuma. "Y'all ready?" I asked sarcastically, earning a couple disapproving stares from my classmates.

"Enough chit chat. Commence the beating for your lives!" Monokuma shouted.

_______________________________________

Trial Begin! •

_______________________________________

"So, uh, how does debating work?"
Asahina asked. "Knowing where to start's half the battle." Hifumi commented.

"Well I suggest we begin by considering the murder weapon itself. See where that takes us." Kirigiri said.

"We can be sure it was the weapon because of where it was found," Ishimaru said before clenching a fist. "Sticking out of the victim's midsection is not generally where a knife is kept!" He shouted.

"No shit, Sherlock... I totally used put all my silverware in the carcass on my marble counter top." I said sarcastically. "Anyway, surprisingly, what he said is important. The knife had to come from the kitchen." I said stopping any interference.