Weekly Shounen Despair Magazine [1]

"The second floor... nice." I said standing with the others as the gate blocking the second floor was lifted.

Monokuma had just opened up the second floor to us the next day. My bandages were off of my head after Kirigiri kicked my ass.

"Whole new world? It's a stairwell..." Hagakure commented. "Our data has been updated as well." Kirigiri added. "Well then, let's snoop around." I said marching up the stairs.

"Turn that frown upside down, Null! We'll get out of here we work together, I'm sure of it." Asahina said ruffling my hair.

"I may be bite-sized, but that doesn't mean I won't bite." I said shaking her hand off. "I really need to find a tape measure." I mumbled as she giggled.

"Please, spare us your blandishments, woman. One of our compatriots butchered another. Once that line has been crossed, further villainy is assured." Byakuya explained. "Great job lifting the mood, Batman." I said rolling my eyes.

Everyone was looking around or chatting with others in the hallway.

"That dead girl really screwed is all over, didn't she..." Toko grumbled. "Okayyy..." Asahina said. "Look, if we want to save ourselves, we need to team up and figure out who's actually pulling the str—" Asahina was cut off by Byakuya. "Quiet you! Less we all drown in you naivety." Byakuya interrupted. "Care to explain that?" Hifumi asked. "What he's trying to say is, whoever kidnapped us has a lot more clout at their disposal than we assumed at first. He's out of our league." Celestia said.

"What're we supposed to do then? Give up?" Sakura asked. "The bear has been very frank with us. To graduate, one needs only to deceive his classmates. And given my classmates, there's nothing to it." Byakuya said arrogantly.

"Ha. Like you could slip by me, Blondie." I said rolling my eyes as we opened the door to a library.

2F - 1st Free Day

Everyone was searching around the library as I sat quietly in a chair.

Byakuya was trying to get a computer to work but couldn't.

"It won't even turn on. Cut-rate piece of junk." He mumbled. "Not that I believed we could google our way out of this mess, but it did cross my mind." Kirigiri said making me chuckle. I got out of my seat walked over to them. "Well, any luck?" Byakuya asked me. I looked at him with a bored gaze before crouching down and opening a drawer. "Got something. And on the first try, too." I said smugly.

I pulled out a white piece of paper but soon realized it was an envelope. I turned it over and read the words at the bottom.

"Hope's Peak High School, Principal." I read aloud making Kirigiri and Byakuya perk up. "According to this, it's a note from the principal. And not Two-tone." I said opening it carefully. I'm not some kinda monster. I read it a bit before raising an eyebrow. "Going by what I see here, this isn't a school anymore. School operations will resume... once the issues have been resolved. No clue what that means, though." I finished.

"Apparently, this place stopped being a legitimate school before we ever set foot on campus." Kirigiri informed. "Not I. I've never heard of this place before in my life." I said with a shrug. "Apparently, the author of our misfortune claimed it once was deserted and then he set the stage with his twisted little play." Byakuya responded. "Look at this," Byakuya said placing his hand on a stack of books. "Sensationalist trash of the lowest order. But in here it serves as textbook." Byakuya said referring to the first book, Murderous Impulses in Broad Daylight. "What a way to study..." I said shaking my head.