All All Apologies [1]

The Next Day...

Another floor...

yay~...

As usual, me and the rest are inspecting the newest floor, the fourth floor.

The hell is this?! SAO?!

"Geez. Would it have killed Togami and Fukawa to join us while we look around up here?" Asahina said.

Damn. Didn't even realize they weren't here...

I glanced at Sakura but quickly looked away before she could catch on. After the little batch of banter, we looked around.

The new floor included the Teacher's Lounge, Chem. Lab, Music room, a Computer Lab, and last but not least, the Principal's Office. Out of all of those, The Computer Lab and the Principal's Office were locked.

I had just attempted the doorknob to the Principal's office before I heard my name.

"Null." Kirigiri said behind me. "Sup." I greeted with a wave. "Do you have a moment?" Kirigiri asked making me nod. "I trust you found... what I told you about?" She asked. "A-About that..." I started while scratching the back of my head. "Well, the second I touched a book, someone knocked me out..." I said with a blush. "When I came to, everything was gone." I added.

"Damn." Kirigiri muttered. "S-Sorry... but I did get a glimpse of something before getting clobbered! It was a note." I started. "How about we save that topic for another time." Kirigiri interrupted while nodding her head towards a camera. 'Got it.' I mouthed.

"Tell me the truth... are you... keeping secrets from me?" Kirigiri asked. "...None that I know of. Or can remember." I said with a shrug.

There's Sakura and Monokuma but it's not like I heard anything. I was concussed and walked away.

"..." I looked at Kirigiri and saw she was squinting her eyes at me. "What?" I asked. "Are you... sure?" She pressed, stepping closer. "Well, no. That's why I shrugged." I answered before she stopped in front of me. "I'll ask again. Are you sure?" She said staring into my soul*. "I don't kno—" My Hanbook buzzed.

Me and Kirigiri looked down at my coat pocket before she grabbed my handbook. She turned it on and saw my empty profile and the red timer.

"What is this? What's it counting down?" She asked showing me the timer and pointing at it. "I have no clue! It's been there since after the second trial!" I said being slightly intimidated by her stern tone. "Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you come to me?" Kirigiri asked. "You know how my personality is— I don't question half the shit that goes on in here! I ignored it, it's just some timer!" I answered. "You know what else has a timer? A bomb! You could've ignored something we'd have prevent! Or worse!" She retorted grabbing my collar. "You think I can just let out my damn problems to someone I met like a week ago? That I can just let out everything?! There's a lot of shit going on that my mind can't comprehend! I'm sorry that I was too exhausted from dealing with this shit to think about the future— I'm to fucking busy worrying about the present, not knowing when I could become someone's next victim! I can't fucking sleep at night, eat properly, or think straight— Because I don't have, THAT DAMN LUXURY!" I yelled. Kirigiri looked at my angered face in shock as I panted. I calmed down and looked away before sighing.

"...I'm Sorry." Kirigiri said before handing me my handbook and walking away.

I didn't bother looking at the timer on the handbook and put it back in my coat.