Chapter 1

Gently resting the spout of a blue potari sweat water bottle between his lips, a white and black haired male took a few drinks to quench his thirst as he watched the rest of his team practice spiking. His eyes scanned the whole gym before falling on the black haired male who was tossing the balls passed towards him allowing the others to practice their attacks. He pulled the water bottle away from his lips, a small smile creeping up onto his face as he admired the younger male. The setter was perfect in his eyes from his appearance, to his personality, to even the way he handles the ball. Bokuto's favorite feature however was the setter's smile. He could be his moody self and instantly feel better the second he saw Akaashi's smile. The said male's lips curled up into a small smile as he tossed to Washio causing Bokuto's heart to skip a beat. It was so obvious he was in love with the black haired male even though he would never admit it to him.
     Bending over, he placed his water bottle back where it was beside his towel before returning to practice. "Akaashi!" He called out happily as he took a running start before jumping.
     "Bokuto-san," the said male replied quietly with a small sigh as he tossed a ball in the older male's direction. Bokuto's hand made contact with the ball as soon as it was in his reach, sending it over the net.
     "HEY HEY HEY," the two tone haired male yelled, causing Akaashi to smile very faintly before they moved on with practice.

     Bokuto kept his hands rested in the pockets of his white, black, and gold Fukurodani jacket as he stood outside staring up at the stars, waiting for Akaashi to finish getting changed so they could head home. His head almost instantly snapped towards the sound of the door opening hoping it was the black haired male. His lips curled up into a smile at the sight of the smiling black haired male but immediately dropped when another male left the club room. He loved Akaashi's smile more than anything in the world but it hurt more than anything to realize he wasn't the reason behind it. In fact, their own teammate, Akinori Konoha, was the reason behind it. Bokuto slumped his shoulders as he turned on his heels to walk home, away from the scene.

     Dropping his bag by the door, Bokuto slipped off his shoes and slipped on his slippers before heading to his room, giving a short greeting to his mom. He pulled out the needed books and set them down on the table in the middle of his room before sitting on a small cushion as he got to studying.
     After a few minutes, the white and black haired male came across something he couldn't understand how to. A small frown painted his lips as he furrowed his eyebrows while staring at the page that made no sense to him. After a few seconds, he let out a sigh and set down his pencil and picked up his phone instead. 'Maybe Kuroo might be able to help me,' he thought before pressing on the said male's contact before pressing the call button; however, it went straight to voicemail. 'Maybe Akaashi....' the thought of the black haired setter caused Bokuto to let a small sigh escape his lips as the younger's bright smile was still fresh in his mind. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Akaashi's voice before realizing he unconsciously called the setter. 
    "Hello, Bokuto-san?"
     Bokuto froze for a second, quickly trying to figure out what to say. "I need help with something."
     There was a somewhat long pause before Akaashi spoke again, "what do you need help with?" He paused before continuing, "you're lucky I'm taking advanced classes."
     "Um....English?" He said but it came out more like a question.
     A sigh could be heard on the other side of the line as Bokuto placed the call on speaker and laid his phone down on the table. "Alright." And after that, the setter explained everything to Bokuto in a way the older would understand and without giving the answers away.
     "Thank you Akaashi," Bokuto said after a while, when he finally got the hang of how to do the work. The setter replied with a quick welcome before hanging up, leaving the ace to his thoughts. However, his train of thoughts were cut off as his throat suddenly started throbbing lightly. He pushed the pain aside, ignoring it as if it was nothing, as he stood up and decided to get ready for bed. He ran through his daily nightly routine - showering, changing into pajamas, washing his face, brushing his teeth, and drying his hair - before getting in bed and almost instantly fell asleep.