Chapter 5

A few more rounds of the game were played until the bottle had slowed to a stop, pointing at Konoha, who immediately spun it once again. The blonde found him glancing at the black haired male who was staring down at his hands in his lap, hoping he would be his partner for the round instead of some random person. 
     Luck seemed to be on his side as the bottle came to a stop, pointing straight at the black haired male who wasn't even paying attention. "Hmm, Konoha and Akaashi," Komi said rubbing his chin as if he was in thought. Meanwhile, Akaashi almost gave himself whiplash as he snapped his head up from the mention of his name. The outsider hitter softly smile at how cute the setter looked, causing him to feel butterflies in his stomach.

     "Your time starts...now!" Konoha only somewhat listened to Komi, his focus was only really on the male in front of him.
     "You know..." The blonde paused for a second as he walked closer to the black haired male, pinning him against the wall. "I heard what Bokuto said earlier," he added in a quieter voice. "...is it true?" He asked in barely a whisper, his lips just centimetres away from Akaashi's ear. 
     Blood rushed towards the setter's cheeks, turning them a dark pink. Rather than replying, he turned his head, quickly capturing the outside hitter's lips in a kiss, taking the other by surprise. He quickly wrapped his arms around the other's neck, trying to pull him closer.
     Konoha's hands found their way to Akaashi's wait as he locked his bottom lip for entrance. Akaashi obeyed; however, he tried to fight dominance as their tongues tangled with each other, but quickly lost. The blonde slipped his tongue into the other's mouth, exploring every inch.
     The setter eventually pulled away for oxygen. "Does that answer your question?" Instead of an actual reply, he only got a hum in response as the outside hitter moved to his neck, leaving a trail of kisses. Akaashi tilted his head to the side, exposing more of his neck. Kisses eventually lead to occasional biting, earning the blonde soft moans that left the black haired male's lips, as Konoha marked his neck, not giving a fuck if they were extremely noticeable or unable to be covered up.
     The blonde eventually pulled away, a small smirk painted on his face as he admired his work. "Beautiful~" He teased before the younger connected their lips again, hungry for more. However, their kiss got cut short by a knock followed by Komi's voice saying their time was up.

     Akaashi was trying to cover up the hickeys on his neck while Konoha was fixing his hair when they returned back to the circle. A loud cough followed by quieter coughs caught everyone's attention causing their heads to turn towards the two tone haired male who had his hands covering his mouth.
     More and more lilac petals landed in Bokuto's hands each time he coughed. He thought he only had a sore throat but now? He's not so sure. He might be stupid but he knew coughing up petals was not just a sore throat, it had to be more. "I think I'm gonna leave early," he said between coughs. He didn't want to worry anyone but his coughing fit just seemed to get worse.
     "I'll go with you to make sure you get home safely," Kuroo spoke as the ace stood up, him following in suit.

     It wasn't long after the two left the small party that Akaashi practically begged Konoha to leave. He didn't want to be forced to play any more games especially not when he's worried about his best friend, who has been coughing more than normal. He wouldn't say it out loud but he also wanted to spend more time with the older male outside of school and volleyball practice and not around their teammates and friends.

     Neither the outsider hitter nor the setter had any sense of time once they left Komi's party. However, they found themselves sitting on the swings in an empty park in silence.
     "Hey Akaashi?" The blonde finally spoke, breaking the comfortable silence between them. The black haired male looked over at the blonde, humming in response. "..." he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. His right hand found its way to the back of his neck, scratching slightly at the skin out of nervousness.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"