𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢

hello, my name is kim mingyu. i'm an ability user, and a magazine editor for a huge magazine press. i was an agent specialising in modern supernatural crimes, but i resigned.

is it called resignation, or did i get fired?

mainly because, seventeen armed forces had dismantled, and the members went on their own ways. why? simply because wonwoo is dead. he was killed by someone, who we failed to find out about. wonwoo died right inside his room, and we just... discovered his bed and floor soaked with blood, one morning.

also, the body was nowhere to be found.

it was wonwoo's blood, according to joshua's dna tests. the blood was enough to fill in one human being's circulatory system. we knew he was dead, not just because of that—but because we saw the cctv footage too. he got killed by 'someone' who was fully masked. hidden and mysterious. powerful and had an expertise, for he managed to kill wonwoo(a very powerful being) and infiltrate seventeen's security system.

a lot of arguments happened, tension arised and one by one, the members gave up. the blaming, the untraceable person who killed wonwoo, the grief, everything was too much.

even seungkwan's reassurance didn't help.

i know what happened to some of them. seokmin's a celebrity, and he's still married to yuju with one son. jihoon and soonyoung broke up. vernon and seungkwan are in the states right now, living a fresh life in los angeles. seungcheol's a detective again. i don't know about the others.

i kind of miss them sometimes.

that is why i headed to the old base of seventeen. the huge sign spelling out 'seventeen guest house' was crooked and dusty, while there is a chain locking the main doors. the permanent illusion that joshua casted was still there, since i can only see up until the second floor from here.

i use my ability to make pliers, and i broke the chain. i walked inside and i was almost brought to tears as i see the living room ahead of me.

this was where we made memories. where we laughed, where we cried, where we fought togther, where we played. this was our home. seeing it empty only makes the void in my heart even bigger.

i traipsed around and found myself standing before the kitchen. that was where i always spent my time, cooking. i remember heading here every morning to cook breakfast, and then i meet wonwoo reading a book by the kitchen island.

god. i miss that guy even more. i know, i miss the others—but i can still see and meet them. but wonwoo? not really. it's not like i can just give him a call and we'll meet at a nearby cafe. no. he's dead.

that's it for today.

-grieving,
kim mingyu.