- Three -

Y/Ns POV:

i pulled my phone back from my ear, wincing at my moms angry screams.

"DID YOU GO TO BELLAS HOUSE AGAIN?!" she accused.

i couldn't speak. how do i explain this to her? "mom, i want you to keep an open mind, okay?"

she sighed. "what did you do?"

"do you remember when i said i thought it would be cool to be in Steven Universe?"

steven looked horrified. "you what!?"

i shushed him. "i don't know what happened, but... im in steven universe's house."

my mom laughed. "okay, very funny. where are you Y/N? i'll send your brother to come pick you up."

"can he drive to a different dimension?" i sighed. "here, i'll FaceTime you." i clicked on the button, and she screamed when it connected.

"why do you look like that!?" she croaked, tears pricking her eyes.

steven peeked over my shoulder. "woah- yuck, she looks weird." i moved the camera and showed steven. "hi ms. Y/N's mom." he waved sheepishly.

"how did you- how do i- what are you going to do?" in a rush, my mom handed the phone off to my brother, who screamed too.

"do you know what this means?!" he beamed, looking a little too excited for my given situation. "you can change the end of the show! what episode are you in?"

"i don't know. It's definitely Future." i moved and sat down on the couch, ignoring everyone's stares. "nothing is cracked yet... and stevens eyes are still normal..."

"what do they look like not normal?!" Steven shouted fearfully. his skin turned pink as a result, eyes morphing to bright pink with diamond pupils.

"like that. calm down, steven." his skin turned even more pink. "um, can i call you back bro? i think i know how to handle this."

"okay, don't stress him out! don't tell him to calm down. and whatever you do, don't mention the corr-" i hung up before he could finish.

i cleared my throat and put my phone down. "let's go do something fun! we can get donuts, or get fries, or go to Funland?"

"i don't know you..." he said slowly, the pink color of his skin fading as he huffed.

"yeah, but i've known you since you were 13. let's go." i grabbed his wrist and pulled him out of the house. "we'll be back soon, don't worry!" i called back to the other gems. before we got far out the door, i peeked my head back inside. "and whatever you do, don't gather stevens friends here." i warned.

"wait, how did you-" i closed the door before pearl could finish her question.

"okay, i can stop this... right?" i pulled steven along the beach line, further away from town.

"um, sure. but town is the other way." steven jutted a thumb behind us.

"i know, we aren't going to town. i need to figure out what episode we're in."

"episode?" Seven repeated.

"i hate to break it to you, but you're a tv show." i pulled out my phone and showed him the page on google for 'Steven Universe'.

"what the..."

i let him swipe around, before returning to the problem at hand.

"okay, i'm gonna ask you questions when you're not pink anymore."

steven shook his arms around until they returned to a normal color. "okay, shoot." steven plopped down on the sand, and i settled beside him.

i dug my fingers in the sand to think. "okay... have you guys fought Bluebird yet?"

steven nodded. "why? do they come back?"

"no, you're good." i smiled. "have you been through the graduation thing?" steven gave me an odd look, so i offered more details. "you found out The Off Colors were leaving, and you made a big pink dome that progressively got smaller until everyone told you that they were still your friends and all the junk."

"oh, that... yeah." he looked down, embarrassed.

"okay, what about Cactus Steven?" I asked. he nodded. "don't... turn pink, okay? did you-" i lowered my voice to a whisper in hopes of making it more comforting. "propose to connie?"

he turned pink.

"i'll take that as a yes. did you go on a road trip with your dad?" i continued, not wanting to dwell if i didn't have to.

"i just got back from it actually. you kinda saved me from getting lectured by the gems."

my face lit up. "that's good! the lecture just makes everything worse. so we are in... 'fragments'. this'll be difficult."

"why? what happens?" he leaned closer to me, eyes swimming with worry and curiosity.

"i don't think i should tell you." his face drooped, and i quickly recovered. "it's not because i don't think you could handle it." i assured him. "it's because if i tell you, you will freak out sooner, and things will get worse."

"so... if you weren't here what would happen next?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"i the next episode you go visit the diamonds, which, by the way i want to meet sometime."

steven stood up and held out a hand excitedly. "we can go now! and while we're there we can just not do what i did wrong the first time."

i nodded slowly. "that... should be fine." we hiked back to the house, and onto the nearest warp pad.

(edited)