- Eight -

Y/N's POV:

after many questions and awkward explaining, greg seemed to finally understand why i was here and what was going on.

he nodded slowly. "so... what exactly does he do?" he asked me.

i opened my mouth, contemplating my response as i glanced over to steven. "no one gets hurt." i settled for.

"Y/N!" steven groaned. "can you please tell me what happens? this is killing me!"

"i don't think i should." i sighed.

"i can handle it, i promise." Steven insisted. with the begging look he was giving me, i looked to greg for help.

living up to the character, greg simply held his hands up and shrugged. "hey, don't look at me."

i took a deep breath. "you get too stressed out. you eventually get so overwhelmed that you convince yourself that you're a monster."

"what's so bad about that?" steven pressed.

i swallowed. "you... kinda become a monster."

at least he isn't pink.

he turned pink.

"OH MY GOD WHY WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!" steven leapt out of his seat, pacing back and forth in the living room at an inhuman speed. "WHAT HAPPENS AFTER?!"

"everyone hugs you and you turn back to normal!" i assured him, standing up and trying to follow his pace the best i could. "then you take a road trip around the US to find yourself."

steven jolted to a stop, eyes wide. "why would i do that? beach city is my home."

i shrugged. "don't ask me, it was your decision. my brother and i were sad about it."

he still glowed pink, but he nodded carefully and took a calm breath in. "i need some alone time." he started towards the warp pad.

"uh- nope, i'll come with you." i hurriedly waved goodbye at greg and started after him.

he activated the warp pad quickly in an attempt to keep me from following, but i dove into the light before it dissipated.

i landed on the crystal platform with a hard thud, looking around at what seemed to be pick diamonds garden. "ow... shit- ow." i rolled onto my stomach, holding onto my back.

steven turned to look back at me, giving me a disappointed look. "why can't i be alone?" he started towards me anyways, helping me up with warm hands. "are you okay?"

i nodded. "yeah- and i don't know, so i'll keep my distance."

i didn't know why i felt the need to follow him, but i was afraid he would corrupt himself if he was alone with his thoughts.

"fine." he sighed, wandering back off through the garden.

i stayed near the warp pad, nursing my bruised coccyx while he stared up at the stars.

-.-.-.-.-
Steven's POV:
i corrupt myself? i wouldn't do that, that's crazy.

right?

after what felt like hours, i turned to Y/N, a little surprised that she was still waiting for me.

she was looking around the garden, eyes glued to the sparkling flowers and twisting vines.

i sat down on a cracked stone bench. "hey, Y/N?" I called hesitantly.

she looked over at me and i patted the other side of the bench, motioning for her to join me. she jumped up, running across the garden to join me on the bench.

"thank you." i murmured, looking back up at the stars.

she smiled and scooted closer, wrapping her arms around my torso in a warm hug. "you don't need to thank me, steven. you're too nice for your own good." she rested her head on my shoulder. "of all the shows i could have been in..."

i snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. "i'm so glad you're in this one."

-.-.-.-.-
I'm thinking about ending it here. Since I don't plan on Steven corrupting there isn't much else to write. See ya. - useruseruser101 via 2020

(edited)