Mystries And Confrontations

Thanks for reading everyone!! I hope you guys enjoy this next one!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Do they seem weird to you?" Farkle asked Riley as he sat and stared at Maya and Josh  from one of the benches that he and her were sitting on outside of the arcade. Riley looked up and followed Farkle's gaze. She narrowed her eye brows.

"Not really. I think they're just happy to be back with each other. That's all." Riley said as she looked back down and put a hand on her very pregnant stomach. Farkle shook his head.

"You don't think they would date and keep it from us, do you?" Farkle asked her. Riley snapped her head up.

"Josh and Maya? No way! They would not keep that big of a secret from us. They're probably just making up for lost time." Riley told him as she glanced back at Josh and Maya. "Why do you seem so concerned about it? I mean even if they did go out, would that really be a bad thing?" Riley asked.

"No it wouldn't. I'm not saying that I don't think they should go out, they just seem off. I would hope that they wouldn't think that they had to keep it from us." Farkle told her. Riley smiled at him.

"You don't have to keep worrying about us anymore, Farkle. Me and maya are big girls, we can handle ourselves." Riley stated. Farkle chuckled and looked over at her.

"I stopped worrying about you the day you said I do to Lucas. It's his turn to make sure you you're safe and protected. Maya is still out there. I still consider it to be my job to worry about her." Farkle said honestly. Riley smiled as she put a hand on his shoulder.

"You're a great friend, Farkle."

"Farkle is starting at us." Maya said as she glanced over at Farkle and Riley before looking back over at Josh.

"Let him stare. We're not doing anything suspicious." Josh said as he still had a goofy grin on his face.

After their little adventure in the bathroom, Josh hadn't been able to keep his thoughts off of it. The smile seemed to be permanently edged on his face.

"I told you if we weren't careful, someone would be on to us." Maya told him. She couldn't help but let the worry take over her voice. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Maya, you worry too much. How are we supposed to keep this deal going when you're looking over our shoulders every ten minutes just because someone looks at us?" He asked her. Maya shook her head.

"You don't understand. Farkle is smart. If there is anyone who could figure it out, he could." Maya told him.

"And if he does then we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Seriously, shut up about it." Josh stated. Maya sighed before she got off the bench.

"I'm going to hang out with Riley and Farkle. Maybe then he won't be as suspicious." Maya stated. Josh rolled his eyes at her.

"Alright, I'm going to go fish with Cory and Shawn. Try not to miss me." He winked at her before taking off down the pier. Maya rolled her eyes at him before she made her way over to where Farkle and Riley were sitting. Riley smiled at her, Farkle gave her a look.

"Where is Lucas?" Maya asked as she looked around for any sign of the fourth person to their group.

"He went fishing with Dad and Shawn. Said he hadn't been fishing since we visited Texas on our honeymoon." Riley told her.

"So what are you two up to?" Maya asked as she sat down between them on the bench.

"I had to sit down, my feet are killing me. I can't wait to not be pregnant again." Riley groaned as she laid her head down on Maya's shoulder.

"What about you Farkle?" Maya asked as she looked over at him. Farkle had been staring at the ground, not really paying Maya any attention.

"Thought I would keep Riley company. Topanga and Katy went shopping and I was getting tired of beating all the little kids in the arcade." Farkle smirked. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Always the competitive spirit. Would it kill you to let them win?" Riley asked

"Yes." Farkle and Maya both said at the same time. Riley scoffed as she leaned her head back up.

"You two are never babysitting my kid. Anyway, I have to pee." She got up from the bench and started waddling to the bathroom, the same bathroom that Josh and Maya had occupied earlier. Maya bit her lip.

"So, some vacation, huh?" Maya asked as she looked back at Farkle. Farkle watched Riley disappear before looking up at Maya.

"You would tell me if there was something going on between you and Josh, right?" Farkle asked. Maya felt her throat go dry.

"W-what?" She asked as her eyes went huge. Farkle studied her for a second before replying.

"You and Josh seemed pretty cozy today. I just hope you know that if you two had decided to start dating, that you didn't have to hide it." Farkle told her as he studied her eyes.

"Josh and I are not dating, Farkle." It wasn't a lie, technically they weren't. "If we were I would tell you. We're just enjoying being back in each other's lives."

So she didn't lie, they weren't dating and they really were enjoying being back in each other's lives. Just in a different way then people would think. So no, she wasn't telling Farkle a lie. And that's what Maya would tell herself to try and keep from feeling guilty.

"Alright." Farkle said slowly. "Just wanted to make sure you knew that." He said, smiling a little. He seemed to relax better now.

"I do know that." Maya told him. She looked back at the arcade and smirked before looking back over at Farkle. "Want to go crush some kids spirits?" She asked. Farkle looked over at the arcade and slowly smirked.

"I call first!" He shouted before he got up and sprinted off, Maya right behind him.
________________________________
Thanks for reading y'all! Have a great day!!