Family Day

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was half past eight by the time Maya got back in to the house. Her and Fred had talked for an hour and half about everything between her and Josh, her telling him things that she hadn't really told anyone else. Stuff from her college days, stuff from her childhood that Riley didn't even know about.

He had turned out to be an amazing listener and even better at shelling out advice. Perhaps years of marriage and loss did that to someone. Maya knew one thing, his little girl is very lucky to have a parent that cares so much about her well being. The guy reminded her of Shawn a little.

"I wouldn't worry about ruining your friendship with the guy, because you've already done it the moment you slipped into bed with him. Neither one of you are going to be able to just go right back to the way things were before summer started, no matter how much you try. If it were me, the feelings are already there, you know the guy and his family, you trust him. I'd say pursue it, otherwise you're going to find yourself miserable and avoiding each other the rest of your lives."

The advise that Fred had given her was still swirling around in her head. He was right, they had already ruined any chance of their being a friendship between the two of them. That part really caused Maya to feel guilty. Josh was such an amazing guy, she didn't want to lose him out of her life. But what if he didn't really feel the same way as her? What if this all really is just a summer fling to him?

When Maya walked through the door, everyone was already sitting at the breakfast table eating. Maya shrugged her jacket off of her and hung it back up before walking over and putting the extra key back on the countertop. She turned around and everyone was staring at her.

"Where have you been?" Katy asked her as everyone went back to eating. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"The sunset was beautiful this morning. I thought I would go and take a walk along the beach. Just to watch it go up." Maya told them. "It was great time to get away and think."

"You could have at least woken me up. It took me thirty minutes after looking everywhere for you that I actually found your note." Riley told her, annoyed. Lucas brought a hand up and massaged her shoulder.

"I left it on your desk. I made sure you would see it right when you woke up." Maya frowned. Riley sighed.

"I wasn't looking at my beside table." Riley groaned. She seemed to be in a bad mood. Maya raised an eyebrow and Lucas mouthed 'hormones' to her. Maya nodded her head and let it go.

"Come sit down, Maya. We have so much planned on our clipboard of fun!" Cory exclaimed holding up the clipboard. Everyone groaned.

Maya took a seat, this time at the only one that was available, which happened to be beside Josh. Who was being extremely quiet this morning.

"We are all going on a boat ride today! There's a lighthouse just a few miles from the pier on this small island, we're going to pack lunch and go to the lighthouse." Cory told them.

"So everyone make sure to wear your bathing suits and pack plenty of sunscreen." Topanga told them all sternly.

"What about Riley? She's eight months pregnant, she can't get on a boat." Maya stated as she looked up at her family.

"I'm going to stay here and relax. Just me, and only me." Riley said this with a pointed stare at Lucas. Who rolled his eyes and grumbled under his breath. Something about Women and being so difficult. This caused him to get a glare from both his wife, and Maya.

"Can we jump off the boat into the water?" Auggie asked.

"Can we throw Cory's clipboard off the boat?" Shawn asked. Cory gave him a glare.

"Yes and yes!" Topanga exclaimed. Cory glared at her as she and Shawn shared another fist bump.

"What time are we leaving?" Auggie asked.

"As soon as everyone gets ready to go. Shawn and Cory are going to make lunch for everyone and pack it into the picnic basket." Topanga said.

"We are?" Cory and Shawn asked at the same time. Topanga looked over at them, that scary smile she would sometimes get on her face.

"Yes, you are. We've already discussed this. Haven't we boys?" She asked them, her smile getting creepier as she stared them both down.

"So what do guys want for lunch?" Cory asked as he and Shawn got up immediately and started grabbing their empty plates and taking them to the sink.

As everyone broke out into conversation, Maya felt a foot nudge hers. She smiled as he tapped her foot with his. She nudged him back causing him to slightly snigger beside her. They were about to be in a full on footsie war, until Maya looked up and noticed Farkle's eyes on hers. Then she immediately stopped and went back to finishing her breakfast.

An hour later, lunch was packed and everyone else had finished getting ready to go. Riley had spent thirty minutes of that hour, crying and complaining about how she couldn't bend down to put socks on her cold feet.

Maya tried her best to comfort her best friend, but she was quickly realizing that the only person that could really comfort her was Lucas. Maya sighed. Watching Riley's pregnancy was giving Maya a new respect for protection.

"What do you say you and I sneak off behind the lighthouse for a bit this afternoon?" Josh's voice whispered in her ear. Maya shivered and let her eyes close for a moment as pleasure hit her deep in her core.

"Getting a little risky there, don't you think?" She asked him in a low whisper so nobody would hear. Josh grinned.

"That's the fun part." Maya laughed as she felt the vibration of her phone in her back pocket. Josh walked over to help Shawn and Cory load the van so they could start heading to the dock. Maya pulled her back pocket out of her phone, and the smile immediately vanished from her face.

I miss you.

Maya exited out of iMessage and put her phone back in her pocket. Her jaw twitched and her fingers clenched over her bag she had on her shoulder. She wasn't going to let anyone ruin her vacation. Not even him.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope y'all have a good day!