Chapter 1

LIYANA POV

"MELODY IF YOU DON'T TAKE YOUR ASS TO THE CAR YOU BETTER!" my mom yells.

"Butttt mamaaaa I can't, I'm sick, see!" Melody puts my moms hand on her forehead while nodding fast.

I roll my eyes.

Right now is the first day of school and Melody is trying to get out of going.

"Girl you ain't sick, now get in the car before I give you something to be sick about." My mom says. Melody has a terrified face then dashed off to the car like her ass is on fire.

I laugh and grab my bag.

I go to the kitchen to grab an apple and a bottle of water before heading to the living room to grab my bag.

"By mama, have a great day at work!" She says a low 'you too' as I give her a kiss on the cheek and rush out to my car.

I go out to my Chevy Cruise, aka my baby Chrissy, and start my way to school while listening to some music on the aux.
———————————————————————————
"IMA HOT GIRL, I DO HOT SHIIITTT, SPEND HIS INCOME ON MY OUTFIT!!!"I sing with the windows down. I slow down at a stop light then continue to get lost in the music.

I regret my windows being down when I suddenly hear,"GIRL SHUT YO ASS UP, THE LIGHT IS GREEN!!".

I'm stunned.

I turn to the right to see none other then ,one of my best friends, Milo in the car next to me. "Boy you scared the fuck out of me!" I yell at him through the window.

"I know" he then laughs like it was just the funniest thing in the world then takes off.

I follow behind him as we pull into the school parking lot. I turn my car off then get out.

"That better have been yo song by the way you was singing" He chuckles.

I roll my eyes then start going into the building.

When I enter, I'm hit with full hallways and chatter of students who act like they haven't seen each other just the other week.

I then see Devin, my other best friend, walking up to me.

"Hey Liya, hey Milo" she mutters quietly as she gives me and Milo a hug. "Hey boo" I say as me and him return it.

You see, Devin is a quiet person. Well at school that is. Outside of school she is a blunt rolling, weed loving, goofy ass female.

"Let's put our schedules together and see if we have the same classes" she says while pulling hers out.

We end up having only 2 classes with each other.

"Ughhh, now ima be lonely as fuck in the rest of my classes!" I groan as I close my eyes and put my head back.

"Aww man" Milo says.

When I pull my head back up and open my eyes, my eyes then lock onto a pair of hazel ones.

They belong to none other then Dallas Wright.

He keeps eye contact for a while until I raise an eyebrow. That makes him avert his eyes and walk away.

I stand there confused for a minute then return back to the conversation.

"What was that?" Devin questions.

"I don't know and I don't care, lets go to class" I say as I begin walking away.

We then split up as we have different classes for 1st period.
———————————————————————————

Heyy guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book and that you would keep on reading.

Come back for moreee!!🤗
~midnightwinters