Chapter 2: Talkative much?

Entry:3

 So far there has been no progress or regression in my insomnia. Not officially insomnia, but I do have all the tell-tale signs so I'm going with it. School is getting a little easier, I think I was mainly overwhelmed over the fact I was in college. My classes are getting harder as the year slowly progresses; every time I start to get used to the difficulty they make it more difficult. Anyways, I haven't really made any friends yet, even the girl in my dorm likes to keep to herself, she had spoken four times to me and all she said was the same word 'cool'. I think I'm going to be sick of it by the end of the year. She didn't even tell me her name, I didn't tell her mine, but still. No progress.

 I have become more anxious over the past few days waiting for sleep to come, and when it does I wake up again to my alarm. I don't think it is going to start working until I get deeper into the story. It is weird calling this a story because I have always read fiction unless for school, so it is like calling this fiction, when it is my life.

 ~~~~~***~~~~~

 The earliest memory of us together, other than us first meeting was on the weekend. The day was young and I had a busy schedule to keep, and if I didn't I would have to answer to a higher power,and that's exactly what I told Alex when she tried to get me to go to a party.

 "I don't believe you, you never go to parties, you always have to do this or do that, well I'm sick of it. You are going, even if I have to drag you there myself!" Yes, she is always this stubborn.

 "I am actually busy today though"

 "Really? Doing what exactly?"

 "I'm, uh, having family game night."

 "Bullflap! You guys never do family night, or even spend time with each other"

 "Well maybe it's time we start, I gotta go, bye," I hung up on her before she could get another word in. She was right though, technology destroyed my family. I'm on my phone always reading or something while my mom and dad are in separate rooms watching netflix.

I was heading down stairs when I past by my parent room to see my mom in bed with her laptop. She spotted me staring and smiled, "Just the person I wanted to see"

 "Really?" I asked skeptically and took it as an invitation to come in.

 "Of course! Can you do me a favor?"She asked, it sounded more like a statement. It's crazy how people can do that, I think it's a mom thing. I think  as soon as you become pregnant you have new superpowers, many involve being pampered, but there is another one; an invisible connection binding you to your baby, of course this is all superstition.

 "Yeah sure, what do you need?" I asked slightly disappointed that she only wanted to see me because she wanted me to do something for her. If I only had the guts to ask her if she could paint my nails or watch a movie together then maybe we could have some sort of bond, but that could never happen now, it's too late for that.

 "Can you go get the mail, I've been waiting for this magazine..."

 "Where are the keys?" I asked interrupting her, I never really liked magazines, they always bored me.

 "They're on the kitchen counter" She said scowling at the TV, if she was angry at me for interrupting her she totally didn't let on... note the sarcasm.

I walked down stairs now forgetting what I was walking towards them in the first place, before I got sidetracked with my new goal in life. Picking up the keys I walked to our community mailbox and opened the mail box numbered fourteen. There it was, her magazine, pulling it out I thought what she might do if it wasn't there, would she yell at me? Would she tell me to drive to the post office and yell at them for her? Or would she finally come out of her chamber and hang out? Out of curiosity and maybe a little bit of impulse I decided to throw it away.