Sleeping Beauty

Her walk to school was not quiet, her ears were being filled with "Seether" the entire way there. When she arrived at school it was still early so she went to her locker to find her friends, plus Zack, but what she didn't expect was four guys standing there. Mike, Samuel, Zack and Damon Jacobs were standing with Rachel, Nina and Julie. Damon was tall, lean, with black hair and bright blue eyes, while standing next to him was Sammuel with brown hair and brown eyes. I was shocked to see Nina with her annoyed face glaring at Samuel. Linda didn't know what to think except Samuel was going to get slapped if she didn't do something. Linda strutted over to Nina and got her attention away from Sammy.

"Hey did you finish reading that one book you were reading last night?", Linda asked.

"No, bout half way I got bored and now its annoying me.", she said hinting at Sammy who seemed oblivious.

"Tell me about it", she demanded.

"This stupid girl has been obsessed over a guy for a year, and when she actually tries to talk in person she very quickly realizes that he is annoying, and definitely not worth a year of her life.", she started sneaking glances at Samy.

"Yeah I know that part of the book sucks, but did you get to the part where she meets a cute guy, and doesn't introduce him to her best friend?", she said curious to see if Nina knows that she was talking about Damon.

"Yeah, I did actually", she said with a smirk, "But it turned out she already knew him."

"How does the main character feel about him... or did you not get to that part?", Linda asked full of curiosity.

"She thinks he is hot, but before I stopped reading she decided she is going to make him ask her out.", she said with the smirk still remaining in her face. Linda smiled back in return before she turned to see Zack and Damon in a deep conversation and Sammy looking like he wanted to join his friends. Julie and Nick seem to be bickering like an old married couple, and Nina is now very quiet, probably hatching an evil plan. Nina looked at me then raised an eyebrow asking why Linda was staring at her. Linda replied with a quick glance to Damon. Nina caught her eyes and shot her and Zack a glare, telling Linda that she wanted Zack to stop talking. Linda quickly nodded.

"Hey, Zack come here", Linda commanded gesturing with her pointer finger.
He obeyed walking slowly with squinting eyes and a smirk.

"Yes Linda", he asked. She answered with a flick to his forehead that made a confused look appear on his face, that didn't compare much to what Linda was feeling, but she didn't want him to know that, instead she put on a smirk and ran away, hoping he would chase her to give Nina a chance. Of course he did, and of course he caught up to her, he picked her up and swung her around only to drop her and flick her ear. Before he could get too far from her the bell rang, she knew she was going to be deaf by senior year.

They continued their little flick fight through lunch and the seventh period bell that announced that school was over for Monday. She was walking home when she realized that this Friday she is going to tell Zack about Jason, and she was beyond nervous to do so. Nina was currently calling her, so Linda took a deep breath and focused on her friend.

"Hello, how may I make your day?", Linda answered.

"What you did this morning was enough, and it worked by the way, I got Damon's number!", she replied sounding accomplished.

"Yay! Have you called him yet?", she asked ready to lecture Nina for calling her before Damon.

"Yeah that is sort of why I called, we scheduled a date, but he wanted to double date.", she said not getting to the point.

"You didn't", Linda asked in a whiny voice already predicting why she called.

"I'm sorry, but I need you there, I thought it completely through. I can't take Julie because Wednesday is movie night for her and Mike, and I need an actual friend not one who will make it awkward by making out during the movie, that cancels out Rachel. Please? I need someone who will go with me to the bathroom, and knows when to bud in, also someone who won't be all over their date..."

"Okay, okay no need for flattery darling," Linda responded sounding like Cruella Devíl, changing to annoyance she asked," Is Damon bringing a friend or do I need to ask someone?"

"I figured that should be your choice, do you have anyone who you might want to go out with?," she asked clearly smiling.

"You and I both know I don't want to go out with anyone, just tell Damon to bring whoever, I don't care," she answered rolling her eyes even though Nina couldn't see her.

"Okay, that's fine I'll just tell Damon to bring on of his friends then, I will see you tomorrow, bye!"

"Bye!", and with that she hung up and walked inside her house to relax and do her homework. When she walked inside her Dad was on the couch watching a movie while her mom was in the kitchen making some sort of racket. Her mom let out a string of curses while Linda took out her phone to order pizza.

"Honey, you need any help", he asked not bothering to look behind him because he wouldn't be able to see her from that angle.

"Don't honey me William! This piece of garbage won't listen to me!", she said with a growl.

"We got it this summer", he said in the same position.

"You don't even know what I'm talking about!", she screamed.

"Did we get it last year?", he asked when really everyone knew she was talking about the stove, which in fact they did get it last year. She responded with a growl, then another noise that sounded like popping.

"Indian or pizza?", Linda asked.

"Pi..."

"No, we had pizza two weeks ago! Lets have Indian", her mom countered before her father could finish, Linda wondered how they have lasted this long.

"Yes dear", her father droned like robot and all her questions were answered.

She called the Indian place and went to her room to do her homework. It took her longer than usual because she had to use her notes, she ended up eating in her room. Once she was done it was seven, so she took a shower. Once she was out a wave of exhaustion hit her, it took her ten minutes to get ready for bed and without checking her alarm, writing in her journal, or saying goodnight to her parents she went to sleep, deeper than Sleeping Beauty's. She dreamt of her, Aurora, Phillip, their love, how she was so desperate to find love she fell for a guy she found in the forest. Linda would never be that desperate.

A/N- sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just been trying to figure out where I want this story to end up and stuff. Not to mention the writers block I've had for a week now. Anyway, I appreciate how many people have read my book so far and I hope you all have enjoyed it so far!