Atelophobia

[A-tel-o-pho-bia]

The fear of imperfection. The fear of never being good enough  

I layed on my bed looking at the painted glowing stars on the high ceiling not being able to sleep any longer because of the memory being replayed in my mind over and over again.

Today is the day I was taken,by the gods how long has it been?

~9 years you should remember.~

Yeah yeah you don't have to remind me.

Hearing the nearing footsteps before they reached my door, I closed my eyes quickly and rolled onto my side in hopes of the person noticing I was asleep, Leaving me be, instead it opened rather quickly and closed loudly.I heard rapid clacks of only one pair of shoes,subtly grabbing the pin like needle under my pillow i readied myself for an attack before the shades from my balcony were thrown wide open having the usually dark room streaming light in hitting my eyes.Groaning and shifting upwards into a sitting position now glaring at the maid who was walking around and cleaning.

Oh right the mess I had made last night,

Hm she's not looking at me...

~Of course she isnt why would she we are rather ugly aren't we.~

Oh shut it

"Oi next time you barge through a little warning would be helpful or I have a better idea how about you knock yeah that would be nice" growling before throwing the covers off looking up again I saw her glance at me letting out a soft gasp.

"My...what happened to you?" she breathed out still looking at me wide eyed.

Looking down I noticed the blood stains covering my otherwise white undergarments and skin i swore damn the gods, I thought I took a bath before I went to sleep.Turns out I was still in my underwear and bra i had only taken the gear off from the last job I did.

~Good job.~

Quiet i can't ever seem to get rid of you, can i little voice?

~Well i suppose not.~

"Being the kings personal executioner isn't magical and full of life" I said smiling widely happily with my own pun before crawling out of bed.

"You know I can draw you a bath, a little thank you would be nice since I have been cleaning the blood you always track through this past week" I stopped glancing at her a scowl painted on my face.

~Angry today aren't we...~

Didn't i tell you to get out of my head already.

She looked away quickly, the attitude from her body gone.

~hm..I like her not many people are willing to speak to us let alone snap she must be new...and quite pretty.~

I could feel the smile in my head of the foreign voice that never does seem to go away.They had shown up after i was taken and have been here...annoying the shit out of me...sometimes they can be useful...no one knows about it though if i were to tell them i think i'd be dead,

I thought I told you to shut it.

~You didn't say she wasn't though.~

"I don't need your help. I have two hands and two feet and can do it myself rather nicely now off you go I'm sure you have places to be" Walking into my bathing chamber and staying at the door till I heard the door slam sighing I began to draw my bath.