Lacuna

Lacuna (n.)  A blank space, a missing part

Walking into the throne room taking a few steps forward, bowing low for a few seconds my body continued to ache from yesterday.I looked up to see him on his throne sitting forward with his gloved hands together and his signature plague mask which was made of reds and golds and a black shirt the sleeves rolled to his elbows and black pants i could feel his gold eyes on me as i glanced away not wanting to die if i did something mildly disrespectful i'm not an idiot id rather not.

"You're late Kere" I cringed at the nickname I was given by him he called me that because it meant evil spirits and since my power was to slip into shadows undetected and manipulate shadows while also being able to bring others nightmares to life I was considered evil my magic was incredibly potent and those who had it were mostly closely related to the animal like gods

More so, Tamera the goddess i worshipped she was the god of the wild the untamed, made herself at home in the dark which caused for my fangs and slightly pointed ears not to mention the way my eyes readjusted to see clearly we the last few called Fae and highly prized just like mammals but we all had weaknesses.

"Apologies my King I was held up by someone" at this his interest was peaked "Monoma"i clarified his mood instantly deflated giving me some satisfaction although it wasn't fair to him he deserved it...every single bit.

"I will talk with him but today we have matters to discuss as you know the we have been having trouble with a neighboring kingdom..." he paused ¨Not only that but the winter solstice feast is tonight¨ so thats why its so crowded and Mitsuki was working harder then usual ha i forgot"i will host a ball and invite them to settle our disputes you will also be there as a show of power of course" I nod my head he usually didn't want me at parties which is troublesome for me.

Ugh i don't want to do this ever in my life i thought becoming the executioner would leave me out of political things or for that socialize with a bunch of people i didn't like

~Well you thought wrong didn't you Aia~

"I want you fully prepared for that which is up to you to plan with the guards and so help me Aia if something goes wrong I will make sure your brother never comes out alive" I stiffen and nod slowly the only tie keeping me here was my brother in his army and my promise to the king and a promise to Fae were eternal and never broken if not I would have made everyone in the castle fall asleep by putting sleeping potion in the food while Mitsuki wasnt looking and I would cut off the kings head even if it sacrificed me in the end.

"Nothing will happen my king" I bow low once more and began to walk but not before his piercing voice rang throughout my entire body 

"Did you finish your job?" stiffening and turning, nodding slowly.

How could i forget? 

The screams of the innocent before i slaughtered them, them begging me to save their children god i was a monster and then going out and drinking myself into oblivion hoping to cleanse my soul with all the alcohol and certain distractions with one of the guards making me forget all about it and sneaking out and back into my bed just to realize that no matter what i did the blood of all them people would never be washed off no matter how many times i would wash myself i can still feel the splatter 

As i continue to walk away but before I could reach the double doors to leave he says what I feared he would.

"Eri will no longer be able to see or talk with you since you are a danger to us all. I'm surprised you have stayed all these years" I nod once not turning around.

~AIA don't you dare agree tear his throat right out and spit it at his feet don't agree to something so outlandish~

'WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE' i screamed at the voice

~Aia-~

"Make sure you meet up with Captain Of The Guard Bakugo"

"Of course King"

Stepping out of the doors and closing them behind me taking a deep breath closing my eyes and leaning against them.

God, I need a break and a nap...or maybe I'll just get coffee, it's not like I'll be able to sleep anyway. The memories will just come flooding back and I really don't want to deal with this right now. Yeah, maybe that's exactly what I need a damn rest.

I could feel the pain in my chest threaten to overtake me,

No not here not now i cant freak out ill take my anger on something else.We can freak out and have a tantrum later.

I straighten my figure and pat down my pants.

"OI DUMBASS" i suppress a groan and whip my head to the voice.Taking in his outfit 

(the photo on top)

"Shit" i choked i might have a way to distract myself from the screams even for a little bit 

(i choked on my orange juice too Aia but thats okay god damn it even as captain of the guard he is SO DAMN FIIIINNNEEEE AND FOOOOOR WHHHHHHYYYYYY)

(This is probrably the the shortest chapter im ever going to do hehe only 944 words)