You're Late.

Joe's late. He's not just a few minutes late, he's two hours late. She knows delays happen but surely he would've sent her a quick text or something. She's really worried about him, terrified something awful has happened. He was flying from London to Nashville, she'd sent him her private jet so things shouldn't be this delayed. Taylor begins pacing back and forth, trying to call Joe again but it goes straight to voicemail. She cries out in frustration, earning startled, annoyed looks from her two cats. 

Thirty minutes later, Taylor hears a key in the door. A wave of relief washes over her, very quickly followed by anger. She refuses to greet him at the door, choosing to remain seated on the couch, scrolling through her phone. 

"Babe? I'm home!" Joe calls out through the apartment, she offers no reply. Absolutely furious with him, that he let her worry without even thinking about texting or calling her. She hears his steps come up behind her.

"Taylor?" He sounds confused as to why she didn't answer him.

"You're late." She says, her voice calm but deadly piercing through the silent room.

"Shit, babe I know. There was a slight delay, I'm sorry." Taylor jumps up to face him, furious.

"A slight delay?! You're two and a half hours late Joe! I've been sitting here, worried as fuck and you didn't even have the courtesy to text me!" Taylor knows this isn't going to be a rational conversation, she's far too worked up and anxious for her to accept anything he says. 

"I lost complete track of time and it slipped my mind, I was too excited to come see you that I didn't even think to pull out my phone on the way over here. I'm sorry!" 

"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time!" Joe looks at her incredulously 

"Are you seriously mad at me right now? Taylor I flew all this way just for you! I'm sorry I'm late but you can't be pissed at me over this!" Taylor feels her anger, and anxiety bubbling in her chest. She'd been so worried about him and now it had manifested itself into anger and she was lashing out.

"I was so fucking worried Joe! I was thinking that anything could've happened! Car crash, plane crash! Who knows? You can't just let me sit here and freak out about you when all that worry could've been saved with a simple text!" Taylor yells at him, he doesn't seem to get it.

"I get that! But just chill out, I'm fine! You're overreacting!" His voice is raised, clearly annoyed with her. She knows he's right but she can't stop herself. She'd been so worried.

"Don't you dare accuse me of overreacting! How the hell would you feel if I just went MIA for two and half hours?! Didn't bother to call or text?!" She screams, her heart beating erratically and her chest feeling tight. 

"I already said I was sorry!" He yells, 

"I know! But what if you were seriously injured? Or dead? Or what if you'd just decided not to come? What if I'd been waiting here for days? What the fuck then Joe? I was so god damn worried about you, you can't just fucking tell me to calm down, or apologise, it isn't going to change the fact that I was freaking out so I think I have a right to be mad!" She yells, a lump forming in her throat. Her hands are shaking and she can't think straight anymore. He thoughts are overwhelming her, all the what if's? She knows Joe is here, safe, right in front of her. Her breaths are coming out uneven and she turns around, not wanting to face Joe anymore. She hears his voice call out to her but it sounds far away. Taylor feels tears running down her cheeks as she tries to focus on her breathing, trying to control her thoughts that were running into overdrive. She feels Joes hand on her shoulder and she tries to focus on it but she just can't. She feels her knees weaken but Joe pulls her body against his. Taylor can feel him rubbing her back, holding her tight. She forces herself to focus on his heartbeat, on the warmth of his body and the feeling of his arms around her, his hand rubbing her back. She reminds herself several times that he's here, alive, still with her. 

After about ten minutes, she feels her mind calm down, her tears have slowed and her breathing isn't irregular anymore, just slightly shaky. Taylor holds tightly onto Joe, never wanting to let him go.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, feeling bad that he had to see that. 

"Don't ever apologise to me for that." He says softly, running his hand through her hair, calming her down even further. 

"I don't want to lose you, I just got scared." Taylor mumbles into his chest.

"I know baby, trust me. I don't want to lose you either. But I'm okay, I promise. I won't forget to text you next time." Joe continues running his hand through her hair, Taylor closes her eyes against his chest and sighs.

"I still shouldn't have gotten so worked up, I'm so sorry." Joe pulls back a little and grabs her hands, looking directly into her eyes.

"Taylor, you never have to apologise for a panic attack. I know it's not something anyone can necessarily control, so please, don't ever apologise to me for having one." Taylor smiles softly, how did she get so lucky to have someone as understanding and sweet as Joe?

"Thank you." She whispers, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I love you Taylor." He says, resting his forehead on hers.

"I love you too." She says softly, smiling at him. His ocean blue eyes piercing into her own, she can feel the love her has for her in them, the concern for her wellbeing. Taylor wraps her arms around his neck, pulling his body closer to hers again. His arms wrap around her waist and they both just hold each other close. 

"I missed you, I'm so glad you're home." Taylor mumbles into his neck, enjoying the feeling of his arms tightening around her body.

"Me too, god I missed you." She breathes in his scent, allowing it to consume her. 

When the two of them finally part, Taylor leads him over to the couch.

"Are you hungry?" Joe shakes his head,

"Nah, I ate on the plane. What do you want to do now?" Taylor chews her lower lip,

"I just wanna cuddle and zone out. My mind needs a break." Joe gives her a half smile, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry love." He says softly, sympathetically. Taylor just shakes her head, 

"Not your fault. That's just how it is sometimes." Joe squeezes her hand, gently rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"Well, I'm sure cuddles can be arranged. How about we just play something lighthearted on TV?" Taylor nods and Joe lays down, pulling her with him, allowing her to rest her head on his chest wrapped up in his arms. Joe flicks on friends on a quiet volume and combs his hands through the hair, occasionally twirling the odd strand gently around his finger. Taylor sighs contently, so grateful to have her boyfriend back here with her. 

Taylor's eyes flutter open, clearly she must've fallen asleep on the couch. She very quickly realises she's being carried up the stairs and she wraps her arms around Joe's neck. 

"Hey baby, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up, I just didn't want to leave you on the couch." Joe whispers softly as Taylor nuzzles into Joe's neck. 

"It's fine...thank you." Taylor mumbles sleepily. Joe plants a gentle kiss onto the top of her head as he walks into their bedroom. She shuts her eyes again and groans when Joe places her into bed, reaching out for him again. She blearily opens her eyes to see Joe smiling at her. He presses a kiss to her forehead.

"I'm just going to get changed love, I'll be right back." She nods and watches him walk into the bathroom and hears the water start running. She tries to fall back to sleep but her mind won't quite go all the way until he's back beside her.

Ten minutes later, Joe climbs under the covers next to her and Taylor immediately moulds her body to his, wrapping an arm around his torso and laying her head on his chest. Joe puts his arm around her, pulling her close and kissing the top of her head. 

"Goodnight love, sleep well." She nods against his chest.

"I will, you too. I love you." Her eyelids droop, sleep practically dragging her under.

"I love you too babe." Is the last things she hears before sleep consumes her.