Part 9

The next afternoon you told Riku and Kairi about what happened. "I should go back home....but Sora is having problems with the darkness. I can feel it when I'm around him." You said frowning. "Is he mad at you?" Kairi asked. "He says that he isn't..." You said. "Then what should we do?" Riku asked. You heard a knock on the door. Riku answered it. "Hey Sora do you want to come in?" "___ is here...isn't she..." Sora said looking at your shoes. "Yeah." Riku said. "Did...she replace me?" Sora thought. "Hi Sora. Would you like to come and sit with us?" You asked him. "Sure..." He said looking at you. You didn't leave Sora's side for most of the day and it worked the darkness hasn't bothered him. "What's wrong?" He asked later that night as you were watching tv. "Nothing..." You said. You were really confused. You could almost remember someone important. You giggled at the thought. You arguing with someone over sweets. That was really silly. You never acted like that around anyone before. Over the past few days you would remember really random things. It was really fuzzy but the memories made you feel happy and Sora hasn't been having problems with the darkness.  One day you told him the truth. "I'm going back home soon." "What? Why?" Sora asked. "It's just I haven't seen my dad in a while...and I..." Sora cut you off. "Don't go!" Sora yelled. "But...I..." "I don't want you to leave!" "You...see...." You began again. Trying to tell him that you wanted to see your family. "I don't care about them! I want you to stay here!" "I don't even remember what my dad looks like!" You ran to your room crying. Sora saw you and immediately realized what he did. He made you cry. "What's wrong with me?" He asked himself. He wanted to apologize to you. So he knocked on your bedroom door. "Listen I'm sorry...I shouldn't have yelled at you." "...." You didn't want to talk to him. You wanted to be alone. "____ please..I'm sorry." He said. "Sora please...I just want to be alone for a while." You said still crying. "Okay...." He said frowning and going to his own room.

*Later*

"That's what happened..." You sighed telling them everything. "Sora yelled at you?!" Kairi said shocked. "I just don't know what's wrong and why do I care so much? I don't understand it at all. Why am I so afraid? It doesn't make sense..." You said looking down. "You really don't remember Sora?" Riku asked. "I try to remember something but it's all fuzzy. It's like I don't know him at all. But my heart is telling me other wise." You said looking at the sunset. "Sora is hurt because you don't remember him ___." Kairi said. "Really?" You asked. She nodded. You got off the tree. "Where are you going?" Riku asked. "To find Sora. I don't want to hurt him anymore." You said. "But ____ you don't remember." Kairi said frowning. "It doesn't matter! I can't let his heart fall into darkness! I have to apologize!" You said running into the cave. It was kinda dark in there. You pulled your favorite flashlight out of your bag. "There you are!" You smiled when you saw him. "___..." He said looking at the door. "I wanted to...." You began only Sora hugged you. That was when you felt pain in your arm. You immediately backed up. It was still dark in the cave so he couldn't see what he did to you. You bit your lip in pain. "What's wrong?" Sora asked. That was when he looked at his hand. The darkness disappeared. "___....I..." He began to come close to you. You didn't know what to do. So you ran out of the cave holding your arm. "Do I tell Riku and Kairi?" You asked yourself looking at them. You couldn't hold it in anymore. You began to cry. "___? What's wrong?" Kairi asked coming up to you. You just kept on crying. Riku saw your arm. He was shocked when he saw it. "A dark burn?" He asked getting closer. He immediately looked at it close up. "Do you have a first aid kit in your room?" He asked. You nodded and pulled one out of your bag. "Heal..." Kairi said using cure on you. "Who did this to you?" Riku asked. You stayed quiet. "The heartless..." You lied to them. Sora needed you and you didn't want them to send you home. "___...are you okay?" Sora asked looking at you. "Yes....it isn't your fault." You said not looking at him. After that day you knew who the new enemy was and you were the only one who could stop him. "I'm all alone this time..." You whispered that night before going to bed.

"___ I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to!" Sora said to you that morning. "It's okay Sora. Riku says that I'm going to be okay. I guess that he has dealt with this before." You said smiling. Your arm still hurt sometimes but it was getting better. You had to be careful when talking to him. You didn't want his darkness to flare up. "I guess so..." He said getting some juice from the fridge. Another letter came this morning. You immediately put it in your bag. "Daddy must be getting worried...I'll call him later." You said frowning. You didn't remember what he sounded like or looked like. If your dad was so important to you. Then why couldn't you remember him? You put your hand over your heart. Then you shook your head and looked away. "What's wrong? You seem to be lost in thought..." Sora asked sitting next to you. "It's nothing....I'm just hungry!" You said looking at your food. That night you called him. "Please....don't answer...please don't answer..." You whispered. You didn't even know what to say to him. "Hello." "Hi....daddy?" You said. His voice sounded familiar but still you weren't too sure if this was him. "Hey Hikari. Did you get the letters?" He asked. No one has called you that name in a long while. So you didn't know how to answer. "Yes..." You said not knowing how to talk to him. "I miss you." He said. "I miss you too..." You said sitting on your bed. "Are you coming home soon?" He asked. You didn't answer at first. "I can't...there's something important that I have to take care of..." You said looking down. "What is it?" He asked. You didn't want to tell anybody what was going on. They would all probably want you to go home. You couldn't leave Sora like this. "I'm sorry but I can't tell you.....just know that I'm safe." You said looking at your burn. He stayed quiet for a while. "...please come home..." He said. "I can't yet...I just can't..." You said frowning. "......" "Daddy?" You asked him. "I'm still here..." He said. "I'm sorry..." "Why are you apologizing?" He asked. "I've been gone so long that I don't remember you..." You said sighing. "It's not your fault princess..." He said. "But I can't help but feel that it is..." You frowned. "It doesn't matter if you remember me or not. You will always be my daughter. That will never change. I'll always be there for you just like you are there for me. Besides those memories are still in your heart." He said. "Really?" You asked. "Yes. I'll always love you. That will never change.." He said. "I love you too." You said yawning. "You must be sleepy." He said. "Yeah...I am..." You said. "Good night...my little one..." He said. "Good night daddy.." You said hanging up the phone. You laid down in your bed and went to sleep.