⍋4. Possession

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"Love is tricky, deadly, even, enough to poison every thought and feeling until it chokes out any remnant of what you could call self." - ihaneulee

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Primium impressionem (18.5/20): Um, hello? This cover is making my heart palpitate so much I have to call an ambulance! I don't know why, but this photo shoot of his screams psycho so loud and clear I can't help but feel excited (disclaimer - I am aware Tae is certainly not a psycho)! Although it's simplistic, the blurriness of it, the chosen effects and how they affect the title as well pull it together into something great! The downside of all the aesthetic moments is that your name becomes unreadable, so I'd advise you to maybe take a step back on blurring it so much. Just a tiny step.

As for the description, I have a feeling you're hiding a quote from your book much creepier than the one currently gracing the beginning of your description. This one is a bit generic for psycho AU's and it doesn't do it justice, many would scroll right by because it sounds like any other Wattpad psycho AU. So, skim through your story and find the one that brings goosebumps on your skin!

This one gives me the subtle creeps: Did I miss something, Naomi? Had we not shared the spark that I am so desperately holding onto? I kind of have a feeling this one would do wonders as well: Visions of handcuffs and whips fill my head. Are you that type of adventurous? I wouldn't put it past you.

I guess I'm feeling adventurous myself, but damn, these would pull me in immediately! I guess I'm just nasty, don't mind me. The rest of it is top-notch, I wouldn't change a thing if I were you!

Et compages grammatica damnationem (20/20): So, let's talk a bit about perfection that is your grammar, Hanbun. To say that I'm pleased would be an understatement, I love seeing literate fanfictions and Possession is on the rarer side along with some others I had the honour to review and support! I have nothing but praise, I'm so proud of you!

As for your sentence structure, the damn thing is so pleasing to experience! The variety is there, it's engaging and not repetitive at all and I love that you're experimenting so much! Keep up the brilliant work, Hanbun! I am impressed!

Scripto artes (20/20): My god. Yes. I'm speechless. What I love about your writing style is how when Tae's telling the story, it's as if he's saying I'm Naomi and it's something I didn't stumble upon before. It's so fresh and you have an outstanding balance between descriptive and action-filled segments of the chapter! You manage to hold me locked to the scenes and not let me breathe until I'm at the end which is so fucking amazing, I love it! You know far too well what you're doing, so make sure to exploit that as much as you can!

Influunt (9/10): Although lovely and informative, these brief notes you put in brackets pull me out of the mood of the story in an instant. It is my personal taste speaking here, but in published works you don't see many authors do these little notes, right? At least I didn't stumble upon them yet and definitely wouldn't be satisfied if I did. The thing is, you've got me invested so much that even a simple note can jumble my thoughts, so please consider either removing them completely or placing them at the A/N at the ends of your chapters when I expect you to communicate with me and tell me interesting things about your city or the sarcastic little comments that make me smile! Tae's and Jin's thoughts though? Hell yes!

The rest? Perfect, chapter length is great, paragraphs evenly spaced out and thoroughly thought out, it's so satisfying to see!

Insidias (20/20): I AM SMITTEN! From the beginning, I'm pulled into the mind games of our lovely Taehyung and he hooks me easier than I could ever imagine. I think it's because I usually see psychos from another point of view, but here I'm in his damn head, which is amazing and written so fucking well, I can't! Every single word has a heavy meaning, it's so obvious you wrote this with so much care and love, I can't wait to see where you'll take me next and I'm so down for it!

The suspension is amazing, the shameless descriptions are the things I live for - simply, it's fucking amazing! Well done, Hanbun! You really know what you're doing and I'm your biggest fan!

Characteribus (20/20): Okay, I know you might think I'll start talking about Tae, but Jin swept me off of my feet and I think he's my favourite character in the book! His complexity is dazzling, he has so many layers to peel and he's such a peculiar being I can't help but admire him for his wickedness. He seems human which is scary when you think about it - humans sometimes act like he does which is sending chills down my spine.

As for Taehyung, he's complex on a whole other level. His trauma, his thoughts, the obsession he's trying to control, him justifying his actions... Goddamn, I'm in love! So calculated, cold and precise until Naomi turns him around his little finger, it's amazing! As for her, I know she's hiding something behind that mask of hers and I'm not only talking about promiscuity here. She's a minx and she's so observant and is one of the rare female characters that actually has a brain and thinks in situations you put her through. I'm proud of her and can't wait for you to spill her secrets!

Totalis puncta et summaries: 107.5/110! A brilliant psycho AU tangled with intrigue, lust, insanity and everything else you can imagine. It easily made its way to my favourites of all time and I must say I'm so happy for you, Hanbun! Your talent is through the roof and I can't wait to see how you'll grow more as a writer and let me indulge in the sin that is your writing. IT'S SO GOOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS MASTERPIECE AND I LOVE YOU!

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Coming soon - 10velyhaos-