⍋2. Ma Chérie

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"For the rose is all yours. For the rose is all his. For the rose is all mine." - dimpletales

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Primium impressionem (18.5/20): The title somehow keeps me rooted to your story and doesn't let me glance away, which is exactly what you need to do to get a new reader. And you did. It's not like it was never done before with the French and all, but it works and I'm glad it does! As for the cover, I noticed that the current one is going along with your profile theme, which is fine because come on, aesthetics, I get it! Still, there was one I adored so much and think suits this story so well!

Description? GURL, PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO BE THIS GOOD! It's freaking perfect! The quotes, the dash of curiosity you cause in my belly as I read it - it's just... so damn good! I can piece together in which state Tae is and that there will be tons of angst I can look forward to, that he's not venturing alone in the dark hole of emotions and that gets my curiosity to a hundred. Great job! The only advice I can give here: If your writing style in the book is all lowercase, I'd recommend your description to be written like that as well.

Et compages grammatica damnationem (19.5/20): Um, yes? I don't think I need to say much in this part except words of praise. Well done, your grammar is impeccable (there were a couple of typos I stumbled upon, but I really didn't mind them because they happen to everyone and sometimes even the grammar checkers overlook them)! Seeing literate writers on Wattpad is a rarity greatly cherished by my little self and you, my dear, are one of them.

The variety in your sentence structure is so well thought-out yet so easy to read through. I'm floating over the letters, fully immersed and so happy that there is no repetitivenes anywhere in sight! Great job, once again!

Scripto artes (20/20): I'm your admirer, and for good reason. Talent and hard work is just blasting me in the face whenever I pick up your story, I love every second of it and am so glad you asked me to review it because it has been such a pleasure to read it! The perfect amount of description flowing into natural dialogue just to be expertly cut by a freaking poem I- Ugh. So good. I can't wait to see how you'll evolve your writing style as you grow!

Influunt (10/10): Yep, I'm fangirling, shush! You know how to write, it's as simple as that. Chapter length is just right, paragraphs are evenly spaced out, there's a clean distinction between the letter chapters and action chapters so to call them, which makes it so easy to hop from one to the other once I read the whole story and just want to explore more. Amazeballs! I'm so happy, if it isn't obvious to you already!

Insidias (19/20): I LEGIT CRIED IN THE END YOU LITTLE ASS! I won't spoil anything here, but I was clutching onto a thread (that last sentence you wrote in ailes, yep, you know the one) and was in love with the way you ended the story. The sole reason I didn't give you a full score is because of the theories after the epilogue - that's purely a personal opinion, I love leaving everything up to the reader's interpretation, but I understand why you did it. Not everyone will piece together all the clues and Wattpad is an interactive platform, and this is a fun way to connect to your readers.

You really have a beautiful brain, I loved every chapter and read some a couple of times because I would always find something new in them and that's the beauty of your writing if you ask me.

Characteribus (20/20): So damn good. I cried for Taehyung, that's enough to give you an idea of how much you made me care for him, understand him and worst of all relate to him. Losing someone close to you is awful and damn you for showing one path people can take after the death of a loved one so well. I really hope you didn't experience it because it almost feels a bit too real.

Jimin is a real sweetheart, learning how to cope with the loss of a friend as well as trying to keep Taehyung afloat. His love for Tae makes him do things that seem helpful at a first glance, but aren't really, and that's reminding me of many situations I lived through. Your characters truly have depth and I love them from the bottom of my heart. Good damn job.

Totalis puncta et summaries: 107/110! As expected, an absolute banger! A wonderful soul-crushing book that is just perfect, please read it if you haven't yet. I highly recommend Ma Cherié to anyone who stumbles upon this review. Hun, you have so much talent you know how to use, so you better damn continue to do so or else I'll strangle you! Yes, that's a death threat, now go write!

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Coming soon - inbabypink