Chapter 1

"Hello, my name is Alex Montgo-" i started, as i was rudely cut off by my proffesor. No, I'm not in college but this stupid rich school doesn't let us call them teachers.

"State your full name, please." she said with dead pan expression. Like she had nothing to look forward to in the next year, day, week or hour of her life.

"But everyone calls me alex..." I retort. She gives me an unimpressed look."Fine..Hello, my name is Alexandra Montgomery and this is why the NBA should be coed..."

                                 •••

" That was a great speech, Alexandra." Grayson teased. He knows I hate being called Alexandra, that's why it's rule number one.

"Hey, um, don't forget the rules sir." I said jokingly, with a stern look."Your lucky I don't crease your shoes right now."

"Don't. You. Dare. It took me a year to save up for these things." He said with a furrowed brow.

"Ok, ok, fine, but you know what's gonna happen if you call me that again." I said with my hands in the air, with a chuckle in my voice.

Grayson Thompson has always, and will always be my best friend. He's been going to this school on scholarship since first grade. My parents adopted me when I was in fifth grade. They started fostering me in third. He was the only one who didn't think it was weird I was the only mixed kid in a white family. I was the only one who thought it was unnacceptable that he lived in "quartier des pauvres" or poor people neighborhood. The name is just like everyone in this stupid school. Super basic with a rich twist Anyways, we do everything together. You know, that one couple of best friends who does everything together, and then ends up dating, and then getting married, anf having kids. and getting grey together. and stuff. That's not even close to us. He'll always be my best friend. We have no feelings toward each other. We already had that conversation.

"So, we're meeting up at Scout's with the boys for the usual right."

"Yeah, just as long as my Dad doesn't think going for cappucinos is just an excuse to hook up with my guy friends. Which, might I add, is not true."

Yeah, my parents hate that I'm one of the guys. They'd rather me be a girly girl and want to do makeup and wear pink and heels all the time. Now, I'm not saying I don't like to get dressed up every once in awhile. I like wearing pretty dresses but you don't have to wear a bunch of makeup to be pretty. And heels can get pretty uncomfy. I don't hate pink, I just prefer yellow better. I love hanging out with the guys, there's no drama and they follow the rules. Everything's platonic, whether my dad thinks so or not.

There are 4 guys in my group. Grayson Thompson, Noah Miller, Ricky Rodriguez, and Caleb Stephens. Grayson Thompson had golden brown curly hair, blue eyes, and was a little bit taller than me. He can be a little bit of jerk, but he can be really sweet at times. Noah Miller was really tall with dirty blonde hair, green eyes and what some overly obsessed girls would describe as "the perfect smile." Ricky Rodriguez  had tan skin,  dark hair and eyes, and was tough but a big softie on the inside. Caleb Stephens also had dark skin, was super nice to everyone and was really good at art. I've never had a boyfriend before, but if I could end up with one person it would probably b-.

"What are you thinking about?" He cut me off mid-thought.

"Oh nothing, just what I'm ordering at Scout's." I said, trying to come up with something quickly.

"But you always order the same thing." he said with question in his voice. It was silent between us after for a little bit.

" Are you riding home with me and Ben, or taking the Bus?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"Bus. He just got his license, I don't trust it yet." he said with a chuckle.

" 'Kay, i'll see you in a couple hours....if I make back..." I said jokingly, I made a couple ghost noises for our amusement.