Chapter 2

"Hey rando" Ben said, as we got into his smooth, cherry red 1968 Cadillac convertible. That was his dream car and , of course, he got it. Be case he always got what he wanted.

"Hey idiot" I said with a smile. Even though we fought a lot, we joked around like this quite often.

We drove home with coastlines, white sand and palm trees in our view. We got to our house, or "estate, whatever that means. We walked into the large beach house, and it was quiet. I was confused by this for a couple minutes, but then I realized my parents, Hillary and Eliot Montgomery, wouldn't be home till later. There wasn't much to talk about so we both went straight to our rooms.

I did some homework for yesterday's classes. Though, while I was doing the homework, that wasn't what was on my mind at all.  I had to figure out a way to follow the rules perfectly.  The group was starting to slip, there were a lot of bad vibes starting to flow around. The girl that Noah was "talking" to, kept pulling him away from the group. Caleb kept acting weird around me, like he was hiding something. I tried not to pay attention to it, but something inside me told me that it could impact the group in the future. Grayson was following the rules, as he always does.  To be honest, I know he isn't very fond of the rules, but he does it to make me happy. Ricky hasn't been showing up at Scout's for the past two weeks. I didn't know how yet, but I was sure the group could help me figure out. 

"Hey" Ben said, walking into my room and sitting on the chair in the corner.

"Hi" I said, with a question in my voice. We never talk, like ever, well if you don't count charity events, family meetings, and arguments over who puts the dishes in the dishwasher. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you need a ride to Scout's today." He said.  "I'm meeting some chick at the mall, an

For some reason, a part of me wanted it to be more. I didn't know why, so I just avoid my feelings and continue the conversation. 

"Well, first of all, don't call whoever your meeting a random chick. It's demeaning to women." I had to add that feminist remark to annoy him. "Second of all, a ride would be great. I was just going to take the bus, but I would be glad to use you as my chauffeur."