Chapter 6

We were all sitting in the headmaster's office,  waiting for the appointment before our's to be done. The office was very dull. The office ladies wore mostly beige, and gray clothing. If someone spoke rare, and the walls were naked except for the no talking sign hanging on the wall next to the entrance. The guys didn't bother to talk, because we already knew we were going to do a lot of talking in the office. We had to save our energy. I was mid-thought when the door opened to the headmasters office, and saw Ricky walk out. He told me he wasn't coming to school today. When he walked out his head was hanging low, and his hands were filled with missed assignments and paperwork. I think it was right to assume I wasn't the only one surprised to see him, because there was an uncomfortable silence as he glanced at us and walked out of the office. Everyone looked at me, as to ask for instructions on what to do next.

"We have something else to do right now, we'll talk to Ricky after." Everyone else nodded and I walked into the office. They followed suit, and sat next to me in the other chairs opposite of the headmaster.

"So, I assume you are here for a reason." Headmaster Anderson said. He was a pretty chill guy, I'm pretty sure he holds the world record for profiles on dating sites. "If not I have some very important business to attend to."

Let me tell you that the business he's talking about has nothing to do with school. How is this man in charge of thousands of children?

"Yes, actually. I wanted to talk to you about the girl's basketball team. I noticed that there wasn't a flyer on the bulletin board for tryouts. There was tryout for every other boys and girls sport, but not for girls basketball. Can you please elaborate on why that is?" I said assertively

"Oh that, it's simple." He said with a smirk. I can tell he's about to lose his cool status really quickly. "There won't be a girls basketball team this year. It doesn't give our school the right image," 

My jaw dropped. I know exactly what he means by that. Most of the people on the team are colored, some are Hispanic, some are mixed, some are Asian. Even though we are all different there is one thing we all have in common. We all have boobs, and by that I mean we are all girls. Apparently this place doesn't think that's good enough for them either. 

"The right image! What the heck is that supposed to mean?" I said, standing up. "Actually, scratch that, I know exactly what it means. What are you looking at? I'm allowed to rant!"

The guys sat me back down, and told me chill out. They know I don't like it when they do that, it's like don't tell me what to do! I control my own actions, thank you!

"Calm down Alex, I'll take it from here." Grayson said as he gave me a stern look that made me sit down immediately. 

"What my best fried here is trying to say is, that she thinks it unfair for there to be a boys team but not a girls team."Grayson says i a voice that's a thousand times calmer than mine.

"Why do you care, Thompson?" Anderson said with a furrowed brow. 

"We care because Alex cares." Caleb says, not wanting to be forgotten about in the conversation.

"Oh, I see what's going on here." Anderson says, ignoring Caleb's comment. "You two are little love birds, you've found each other....looks like you've found the one thing i'm looking for in life. Anyways, I 'can't do anything about the girls team."

"What do you mean you can't do anything?" I said trying to ignore what he said about me and gray being in love. I slowly started to calm down during the phrase, the headmaster looked at me like I was supposed to offer him some sort of deal. So I did. "Here's a deal, the girls and the boys will play a game against each other. If the girls win, you have to make the basketball team co-ed. If you win, I will set you up with one of my mom's hot friends."

"At this point, I just want you out of my office, so I have to agree." He said with a roll of the eyes, we shook hands and my friends and I walked out of the office.

Time to talk to Ricky...