20 - sunflower

——

——

"Aaron?" Rossi followed Hotch as he sped into an empty office. "What happened?"

"Dave." He gritted his teeth as he leaned against the desk. "Not now."

Rossi sighed as he sat down on a chair that was in there. "When I was younger, there was this girl. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. She was kind, smart, generous, caring, funny- the list goes on." Hotch stood still and listened. "After years of knowing her, I realized I had fallen for her. But I was scared, scared she didn't like me back, or that she'd never want to be with me. So I did nothing about it, she was right there and I did nothing about it. It's been years since I've seen her or spoken to her." He looked broken. "She was quite possibly the love of my life. And all I did was watch her leave."

Hotch was about to reply when Rossi stood up. "I'm not saying fall in love with the first person you see. But don't shut yourself out. Everyone deserves to be happy. I missed my chance but you still have the rest of your life. Don't wait to watch her leave."

Hotch nodded as Rossi walked out of the office. "Thank you." He said softly, but he knew Rossi could hear him.

Back at the hotel, Olivia was still sitting in the same spot, with the same stunned look on her face. She had expected her brain to go into overdrive and over analyze everything, but instead it was empty.

Like she didn't just kiss her boss.

She could feel the coffee withdrawal start to kick in and decided that she was here, on a bed. She might as well rather sleep. She could think about what just happened later. Or never.

*four hours later*

"Hey Olivia?" Spencer said as he answered his phone.

"Hey Doc," she said sleepily, "could you come get me? I'm at the hotel."

"Yeah sure. Uhh Hotch told us he was going to get you?" Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, he remembered Hotch telling them specifically that he's going to have to go fetch her at some point.

"Well I want to see your smiling face, Doc." She smiled as she heard Reid laugh.

"All right, I'm on my way." Spencer said as he grabbed his keys and ended the call.

"Hey Reid, could you-" Hotch started.

"Uh sorry Hotch, I'm just going to get Olivia, I'll be back in ten minutes."

He nodded as he watched Reid leave. He carried on working the case with the rest of the team, they were close to locating the unsub, but they were missing something.

Olivia laughed as she saw Spencer pull up outside the hotel with a fake mustache on. "Where did you get that?" She asked as she got in the car.

"I keep it on me in case I ever needed to cheer someone up."