25 - going back home

——

——

"You can't be calling Benjamin again." Prentiss said as she walked towards Hotch.

"I'm pretty sure he hates you now." Reid said as Prentiss and Hotch walked towards the rest of the team.

"Ben it's Aaron." Hotch nodded his head as Ben answered. "Is she okay?" Hotch suddenly stopped walking. "Yeah that's great. Guys she's awake." He put the phone on speaker.

"Olivia!" Prentiss and Garcia screamed.

Hotch rolled his eyes. "Hey, the whole team is here. We just wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm doing okay I guess. My parents are here, so that's comforting."

JJ leaned over Hotch's shoulder. "We miss you."

"Yeah, ask Ben when you're flying back." Spencer bounced over to stand with Hotch.

"Ask him yourself." Hotch smiled when he heard her voice. "Ben, they have a question."

"Hey man," Morgan took over. "When's Olivia coming back? We're barely functioning without her." Rossi let out a little chuckle.

"Well hopefully she'll be well enough to fly back in three days. She'll be out of commission for a while so don't expect her to join you in the field but she can go to back to the office if she pleases." They heard Ben reply though the phone.

"All right!" Morgan exclaimed and high fived Reid.

Olivia giggled and Hotch couldn't help but smile again. Rossi spotted him smiling and grinned. "I miss you guys." She said.

Rossi held Hotch's shoulder. "We can't wait to have you back." He said and looked pointedly at Hotch.

"Yeah." "Uh huh." "Yup." They heard the team all agree as they went back to the whiteboard and the case.

Rossi smiled at Hotch and joined the team. Hotch took her off speaker. "Well I have to go now, this case is working us hard. I'll call you later?"

"Call her phone next time." He heard a man grumble. He assumed it was Ben.

"I heard that." He had called Ben a lot. "You get better okay?" He told Olivia.

"Okay." She replied. He ended the call and walked back to the rest of the team.

"You know Hotch." Morgan said as he passed him a file. "I haven't seen you smile that much, ever."

"Yeah. It's getting kind of infectious." Garcia commented.

"I wonder what's been making him smile so much?" Rossi spoke up with a glint in his eye.

JJ smiled and gave Hotch a knowing look, "I wonder."