46 - sweet honey

——

——

Three years ago, a young agent stepped into the BAU, with only one objective in her mind.

To make sure her godson was born.

What she didn't count on was meeting her family.

Jennifer Jareau. JJ. Her college best friend. The woman who had been there for her through every heartbreak and rejection. Who knew her inside and out.

Spencer Reid. One of her best friends. The person she could spend hours talking to and not get tired. Who she could rely on to choose her outfits and take care of her when she was hurt.

Emily Prentiss. Her rock. She always knew the answer to any problem. Always said the right thing for any situation. She gave Olivia the strength to go through with many difficult things in her life.

Penelope Garcia. The person who never failed to make her smile. It could be the worst of days, but when Penelope was in the room, there was not a frown in sight.

Derek Morgan. The closest thing she had to a overprotective brother. The person who she'd willingly take a bullet and walk to the ends of the earth for. Because she knew he would do the same for her too.

David Rossi. The person she could rely on the most.  To be there for her. To say the right thing. To give her fatherly advice when it was needed.

And lastly, Aaron Hotchner. The love of her life. A man who had taken her for ice cream. Who had belted out lyrics to his favorite songs in the car with her. Who had been there for her after every injury and every stresser the job threw her way. The dark haired, stoney-faced man who had stolen her heart.

They were her family.

She saw their glowing faces assembled as bridesmaids and groomsman as she walked down the aisle. Her arm looped through her father's.

She remembered the first time she had walked into the BAU.

"Well I heard someone was having a baby." She walked towards her best friend, who was being guided by a tall lanky man and a dark haired man in a suit.

She remembered their shocked faces in the hospital waiting room.

"I'm Olivia." She grinned.

"Aaron Hotchner."

"Olivia Ambrosia. I'll be-"

"Communications Liason!" She smiled when the man who would come to be her closest friend had realized who she was.

"Correct you are doc." His newly ordained nickname. One that would stick for years to come.

The plane ride back home after their first case with her on the team.

"You learn pretty quickly in our line of work to not let things affect you. It will take time but sooner or later, you'll find that nothing affects you as much as it used to." Aaron said.