Chapter XXVII.

Mickey was determined this time around, he always was but this was important because his new Mom and Dad were sad this afternoon, they have been down in the dumps all day long. They tried to keep smiles around him but Mickey was little but he wasn't clueless to everything. The whole situation with Dowen was hard because they don't even think they would be able to adopt him. There was a situation that no one could explain, but it hurt them a lot. They have been talking to people all day and calling around for any answers or solutions, but they were left hopeless.

Salma was sitting down, she was reading, and Augustus was on his laptop with his glasses on. They were apart from each other, they never sat so far from each other. It has been hard for both of them and they had brief sparks of arguing and they weren't the couple to argue. They were just so stressed out that they couldn't help but get frustrated at everything. Augustus finally looks up from his computer, he looked over at Salma and he gazed at her for a moment as if he had something to say but Salma's gaze lingered longer than Augustus did, he could still see the look of annoyance in her face and that's what made Augustus look away from her, he brought his attention back to his computer.

Mickey frowned a little and he got up from his play area and he sat between them. Salma sits her book down and she forces a smile, she caresses his hair and Mickey grabs her hand. "What's wrong?" Salma asked him and Mickey still wasn't so keen on english but he tried. "Why so sad?" Mickey asked her and then he looked at Augustus who was already looking at Mickey. Salma swallows hard and she picks up Mickey, she hugs him. "Well, we're sad because me and your Dad are very good people but bad things happen to us like we don't think we can adopt Dowen." Salma tells him truthfully, that's one thing Augustus and Salma agreed on is that they will always be honest with their kids when it comes to what's going on or their feelings to certain things.

Mickey was rather mature at his age, he already seen a lot before Salma and Augustus so he nodded. "Oh." Was all he could say because he missed Dowen, he really loved Dowen because Dowen was the only boy in their home that took good care of Mickey even though he wasn't much older than he was.

Mickey looked between then and he had so many questions but very little words so he looked at Augustus who knew more German than Salma did. Augustus closes his laptop and he waited for what Mickey had to say but instead Mickey just hugs Salma because he didn't want to make them even more sad. Augustus gets closer and he rubs Mickey's back. "Hey.. it's alright, we still love each other and we still love you very much." Augustus assured him and Mickey pulled away from Salma, Mickey grabbed his hand and put his hand with Salmas, trying to get them to hug each other and love on each other again.

Salma looked at Augustus and her mouth fell open but she quickly closed it, her eyes were wide and she stared at Augustus who was just as shocked as she was. Mickey waited for them to hug or kiss like they always did. Augustus cleared his throat and he frowns. "I know today was stressful, maybe we should just... go out for a little." Augustus says and Salma slowly nodded, she let go of Augustus's hand and she picked up Mickey so she could get him dressed.

Augustus quickly gets up and he stops in front of her. "I will get him dressed." Augustus says and Salma sighed, she gives Mickey to him and she goes to clean up Mickey's play area without saying a word.

Augustus just goes upstairs and he got the little boy dressed in a nice get up. He wore a maroon colored sweater with some jeans and his white vans. Augustus brushed out his hair and left it how it was before. He comes back downstairs and Salma was waiting for them and Augustus watched her in the mirror in the hallway, she was fixing her beautiful hair that he adored about her. She turned around and she smiled a little. "You ready?" He questioned and Salma nodded as she puts her hair behind her ear.