project pt1 - Edward Masen

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, ilguna.

Summary; ' Reader with an Edward that gets paired up with her for a project. Edward is super confused when the reader doesn't get flustered by him when he does his dazzle smile. Edward keeps trying to read her thoughts/freak her out and he can't tell what she thinks of him and he ends up liking her?'

Warnings; swearing

Word Count; 1.2k

——

You hate school projects, because most of the time, you're paired with a bunch of assholes who have no clue what the hell they're doing. And since you're the only one that pays attention in any of those classes–with a couple of exceptions–they have you do all the work, and refuse to read up on the material even though they have plenty of time to do it.

Which means that you've done all the work, they've done nothing and they're still receiving the points for it. Literally, they probably sat and talked to their nearby friends, and you'll make eye contact with their poor partners, and the both of you will shake your heads while getting back to work.

So, when you got paired with the famous Edward Cullen, who has a reputation for being one of the smartest kids in the school, top of his class. You thought that maybe for once you wouldn't have to baby someone and coax them into doing their work, especially not him of all people. But it seems like he's as incompetent as the rest.

It's not like Edward has reached his popularity through plenty of friends, because that's definitely not the case. Him, and the rest of his siblings are all very secluded and reserved. You don't have a problem with that at all, sometimes it's hard to make friends or whatever–although you hardly think that's the problem going on here–when you come to a new school.

So if he's not made popular through plenty of friends, then it has to be sports. The star of the football, basketball, swim team or something like that. But it's not that either, he's not the star of any of those, because he doesn't play sports. None of his siblings do, even though they all have the bodies for it. They look like they'd all specialize in something new. Jasper swimming, Emmet football, Edward basketball or tennis. Alice looks like she'd do swim or track, and Rosalie would definitely do something like hockey.

None of them play sports, so that's a second one off of the list. Which leads you directly to the reason of their false popularity. The first one, is their undeniably good looks. They all look like they should be modeling, or they already do it in their free time. They never wear a same outfit twice, and they look perfect literally every single day.

Another reason, is one that you already listed. How smart they all are, the top of the school. You've heard that they have 100's in all of their classes, which is so impossible to do that it's baffling. If it's true, then that means that their IQ's are so damn high, or that they're cheating on every single assignment that they do. You wouldn't doubt the latter one, most people do cheat to make sure that they have a good grade in the class.

Also their popularity is because of how weird they are, but everyone already knows that.

"Are you going to do anything?" you ask, annoyed as you look up at him, "Or am I going to have to do all of this for you?"

"I've got it," Edward flashes you a quick smile, and you roll your eyes, before going back to looking at the project. Then, you reach over and grab his project paper, before bringing it to you and highlighting the easiest parts of it.

"I want these done by tomorrow, and it shouldn't be a problem, I hope. Because you're supposed to be one of the smartest in this stupid high school."

Edward is leaning over your shoulder, whatever he's wearing must be soaked in perfume or something, because it isn't exactly masculine-smelling. You don't really care, but he did put a lot of it on him, and it's beginning to give you a headache.

He backs up again, crossing his legs as he readjusts in his seat, "That's it? You give me more, you know."

You look at him, unamused with your eyebrows raised, "Can you handle it?"

"Can you?" he counters, "taking on this entire project by yourself would be impossible."

"It wouldn't be the first time I've had to do it," you inform him, "I've done plenty of them by myself."

"You just like the work?" he asks, and you shake your head.

"Of course not, I hate the work, but no one knows what they're doing most of the time when I do give them the work. I want everything done correctly, and if they can't provide because they know nothing, then I don't let them do the work. Why bring down the value of the project?" you ask rhetorically, "Can you actually handle more of the project or were you just saying that to impress me?"

"I can do my entire half." he tells you, taking the highlighter that you used earlier, and making up his paper, "you just make sure to do yours, and we'll be fine by the time the due date comes."

Like that'll be a problem, you getting your half done.

As you start working on it, you can still see him staring at you a little bit. It's a little irritating, considering the fact that he had just agreed to do a lot more work than you'd originally given him and he's not even doing it.

He hasn't even blinked in three minutes, and the longer he stares, it gets more sinister.

No wonder everyone has labeled him a weirdo too. Not attracted to any girl here–Jessica Stanley is particularly annoying over this–his eyes change color. He's bipolar on a day to day basis. Smart, attractive and seems to be out of it all the time.

Maybe he just needs a friend to break him out of this stupid daze. Open his eyes up and show him how to actually live his life. You're sure that you could show him the ropes a little bit. All it took was a couple of your own friends to break your stride and now look at you.

You're still caught up on schoolwork, but now you know how to actually have fun.

"Are you seriously going to stare at me the entire time?" you ask him, finally dropping your stuff to look at him. He raises his eyebrows for a second, before they draw together, his face scrunching up because of what you've said.

"What?"

"You haven't blinked in five minutes, and you're staring at me." you repeat.

He's weird, and you're not liking the vibes he's giving off now. Acting all innocent... who is he?

The class bell rings, and you sigh, packing all of your things into your backpack as quickly as possible.

"Would you want to work on the project at my place–?" he begins to ask, but you don't let him get that far.

"No, because I have actual work to get done." you sling the backpack over your shoulder, "And I don't want to stare off into space the entire time."

He frowns, and you shrug before getting the hell out of the classroom. On the way out, you can see Alice Cullen in the hallway too. She flashes you a smile, which makes you turn around almost immediately.

Yeah, they're weird.