choices - Jasper Whitlock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, ilguna.

Summary; 'Could I request some Jasper x fem Reader angst where she gets caught in the middle of a battle and dies and he was the make the decision of if he wants to turn her or let her die, love your works!'

Warnings; swearing, gore

Word Count; 2.1k

——

All you knew was that Jasper was going to be out of town for a couple of days. Offering you the opportunity to do literally anything that you might want to do in your alone time when you're not around him. And since he's almost always with you–because he has nothing better to do, he's danned to basically an eternity of boredom and if that isn't funny you don't know what is–you have a lot to catch up on.

You spent yesterday and the day before catching up on some tv episodes that you'd fallen behind on. Jasper always insists on watching it with you, but you know that he doesn't care for any of it. He has absolutely no clue how you can get so attached to people, just to watch them die. Which is extremely fair, except for the fact that you're relating to the characters.

You're basically watching pieces of you die right in front of you, and you're enjoying it. Which is pretty masochistic, but at this point, the lines are blurred. It's just a form of entertainment, it gives you something to think about in your free time. This stupid tv show can go a long way when it comes to things. You can talk to your friends about it, buy things, meet the actors and actresses. It's just a small universe to lose yourself in.

There's always better things you could do in your free time, but the days you're not working, you'd rather be watching the new episodes of your favorite tv shows. Enough said.

Besides shows, you went out and bought groceries, filling up your fridge and pantry all over again. After watching them go more and more bare. Jasper hadn't even noticed, because he's a vampire and he forgets that you eat. Too busy with feeling how you feel and actually trying not to eat you, funnily enough.

He struggles with being around you, but the rest of his family trusts him enough to allow him to be around you alone. If his brother can do it with some other girl, then he can do it too. They both had succumbed to drinking human blood at some point. Edward was trying to be a good guy, taking out the bad people that had bad thoughts because y'know, he can read thoughts and all. And Jasper was born into that lifestyle, quite literally.

You've listen to Jasper tell you the stories about him being serving the confederacy in the civil war. And every single time you do, you ask him if he regrets it. If he would go back and switch sides and choose the right cause. He always tells you that he would, that he was young and naive and he sees that now. It clearly wasn't the right thing to do, but he hadn't had time to realize that. He just wanted to fight for something, and was put on the wrong side.

And then he stumbled across Maria and the others. Which was when he was turned, and eventually forced into it. Maria was a human-drinker, as was all of the newborns that she created. So it was only natural that Jasper would be a human-drinker too. There wasn't much else to be drank from, he was in the state of Mexico. There were dear, but never around where he was.

He drank from humans for so long, that he grew accustomed to treating them like meals rather than actual people. He would drink and throw it away as if it were a juice bag. To be around the Cullens when they have so much of a different culture, trying to follow their ways is hard. You feel for him, but not because you've ever eaten people or purposely drank blood.