ariel pt2 - Jasper Whitlock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, ilguna.

Summary; "Hii! I'm obsessed with your stories, can you do a part 2 Jasper x mermaid reader? i love it! ♥" - anon

Warnings; fluff, description of pain

Word Count; 1,512 words

——

"How does it work?" Jasper asks, following you to the beach.

"A lot harder than you probably think." You tell him.

After you told Jasper, and slowly told everyone else in his family too, he wanted to see the process. Or you in your "natural form".

Of course, you all can't come down to the beach on a sunny day, unless you guys want to be investigated on why they're sparkling. And why you haven't come above the water in over five minutes.

So, the water is freezing cold beyond belief. Which won't be fun—but you haven't told Jasper why—but you'll have to deal with it. It isn't the first time you've phased in cold water, it just isn't the most comfortable experience.

Your eyes drag over to Edward and Bella, who aren't paying attention to the rest of you. As always, they're lost in their own little word. And you're glad that Bella is here to distract Edward.

The wind picks up a little bit, making you turn to where it's coming from. Your nose scrunches up immensely at the scent of something... wet. Like a dog.

"What's that awful smell coming from?" You ask, turning to look at Jasper, who seems to be caught up staring in the same direction.

"The dogs?" Alice suggests.

"We're not on their land, are we?" Rosalie asks, "We went all of this way—"

"Ruby Beach isn't part of the reservation," you tell them, "They have like three beaches in La Push, I don't understand why they're out here."

The smell is eventually wiped from the air as the wind comes to a slow. You notice that no one calms their stance.

"You're not on their land, don't worry," you tell them, before starting to take off your bathing suit cover.

You're nervous, the last time you phased was two months ago. So it's probably gonna hurt a lot more than it does when you do it regularly. And since Jasper will feel that pain, he might think that something is wrong... that you're drowning.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asks, on cue. He must feel how anxious you're growing from the thought of phasing.

"I need you to do something for me," you tell him, looking over, "Don't go into the water until I come up again. No exceptions. I might be down there for a little while."

As in, you're going to swim as deep as you can—even though the water down there is much colder—and try to get away from the surface. So Jasper won't see your face clearly, and hopefully he won't feel what you're feeling.

"You won't drown?" Jaspers face is pulled into a frown, already concerned.

"No," you tell him, you don't include the part where you basically have to drown yourself to make it work, "I'm gonna make it so you can't feel me, but if you do, just—leave me, alright? You might make it worse."

"What—" Jaspers face is suddenly filled with worry.

You cup his face, pressing a careful kiss to his lips. When you pull away, you give him a big smile, "Be back in five to ten minutes."