One

The picture you see at the top/to the side (depending on your device) will depend on the colour of hair Howl will have, ok?:3
Originally I was going to make this the first book I have with NO smut but Lion_Ciara_Llama convinced me to do a few possibly every now and then.
-----------
It had been just over a year since Howl had quite nicely taken me in after I was chased from my village. He was acting very strange with me recently and I can't think of why he'd be like this with me, he's always talkative, a little flirty, but at least he's been ok with me until now. "(Y/N), have you seen Howl? I have something to tell him that he needs to know. Any ideas?" Markl shouts running through the door towards me. "No, I'm sorry, Markl. I haven't seen him since last week. He hasn't spoken to me for a while so I wouldn't have the slightest idea where he could be either." I reply sadly, almost crying. "Oh, I'm sorry, (Y/N), I didn't mean to upset you. I know how fond you are of him." I couldn't take anymore, I ran to my room, it was the only thing I could do.

"Master Howl!", I heard Markl exclaim, but I refused to move, "I got the info for you!" He finished. "Keep your voice down, Markl. Someone," he emphasised 'someone', "might hear you!" He shout whispered. 'What is Howl hiding, and from who? Go ask him (Y/N)!' I thought to myself, but I couldn't bring myself to go down there and ask.

After hiding in my room for three hours I summoned the courage to go downstairs but only Calcifer was to be seen. "Ah, (Y/N). Are you feeling ok now? What has Howl done to make you feel so melancholy-like?" Calcifer seemed to be the only one who cared what and how I was feeling. Others went by two rules 'oh, she's pissed, better not.' And 'yay she's happy, let's tease her!' Never once have any of the others asked me how I was doing. "It's nothing, Calcifer. Howl's just been acting off with me since last week. I don't know what I've done." I explained, "Do you know why he's being like this, Cal?" I asked, wearily, hoping for a straightforward answer. "I cannot tell you. It's something you have to ask yourself. Trust me, it'll be worth it." I looked at him confused, "How would it be worth it? Yeah, we all know I love him, but I reckon that's why he's being like this, he finds me awkward and doesn't feel the same way." Calcifer coughed and giggled.

I walked to Howl's room, knocking on his door, "Howl, are you in here? Please, I need to speak with you." My voice cracked at the end. Howl opened the door with a concerned look on his face, making me feel all warm and fuzzy. "(Y/N), are you feeling ok? You look really pale and upset. Have I done something?" 'Oh, now he's concerned!' "Why do you hate me?" I stupidly asked without thinking. 'Whoa where did that come from, (Y/N)?' "And why would you think I hate you?" Howl mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose while gesturing for me to sit on his bedside. "You've been avoiding me, and I don't know what to think. You know I love you, and I think you think I'm awkward so you don't want to be around me. It's-" I was cut off by a pair of warm, soft lips moving slowly against mine. I was too shocked to do anything so Howl pulled away. "I don't think so, Pendragon." I mumbled, pulling him back into a tender kiss, this time moving in sync with each other. My hands made their way to his soft raven hair, pulling slightly, as his hands rested on my hips.

Sadly human needs prioritised and we broke to breathe. "Is that what you wanted, (Y/N)? Me to show you I love you, too? I was avoiding you because I couldn't look at you without wanting to kiss you. I couldn't think of a way to tell you my feelings. But I should've just kissed you when you told me you loved me." Howl looked sadly into my eyes, hoping for forgiveness. "That's exactly what I wanted, I've wanted it for so long it hurts." I explained. "Well, you've got me now, you've got what you wanted. Oh, I got you this, you've been here a year so I thought I'd get you a little something." Howl handed me a little blue paper bag. I peered inside and gasped, teary eyed. "Howl.. You shouldn't have. This-" He silenced me. "I wanted to, a beautiful necklace for a beautiful young woman."

"I love you, Howl. Thank you."

"I love you, too, (Y/N)."

-------------

Blegh! Get a room!

This was absolutely shit, I know. I'm sorry. I'll try my best to make them better as they go along.

Message me requests!

Vote, comment, share! <3

~Cath