Chapter 37

Fuck you, and you, and you

I hate your friends and they hate me too

I'm through, I'm through, I'm through

~ blackbear "hot girl bummer"

"I don't wanna go to school," Seth groaned childishly as Brooklyn attempted to wake him up.

"Too bad," Brooklyn sing-songed at him. "So sad. Now get up, we have to go in like ten minutes or we'll be late."

Seth groaned.

"Don't make me call your mom," Brooklyn threatened. "She'll come ever and kick your ass."

"Alright, alright," Seth relented grumpily. "I'm fucking awake."

Seth stood up and stretched. "You know, we should really stop swearing in front of her," he said.

They looked at Ellie, who smiled in response. Seth began to change out of his pajamas.

"Yeah, but how funny would it be if her first word was 'fuck?'" Brooklyn snorted.

"It would be funny until our moms found out," Seth said. "My mom says I'm not allowed to cuss," he added in a smaller voice.

"She does know that we do worse things than cuss, right?," Brooklyn laughed as she gestured to their daughter. "How sad would it be if your baby was the one who ratted you out to your mom?"

Seth grabbed Ellie out of Brooklyn's arms. "You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" he cooed.

"Come on," Brooklyn chastised him. "We are gonna be so late."

"But the later we are, the less time I have to be at school," Seth said as if he had just unlocked the secret of the universe.

"We told Emily we were going to be there to drop Ellie off five minutes ago," Brooklyn reminded him. "Come on, babe. Please don't make me go without you."

"Fine," Seth groaned. He couldn't say no to her. The three of them quickly gathered their things, and went over to drop Ellie off at Sam and Emily's house. Emily had been kind enough to offer to watch Ellie while Brooklyn and Seth were at school. They had been super stressed about finding child-care during the day, and they weren't sure how they were going to pay for it, but Emily was the pack's stay at home mom, so she offered her services.

"Sorry we're late," Brooklyn said as Emily answered the door. "Seth didn't want to go to school."

"It's fine," Emily laughed.

"Okay, I'm gonna miss you, cutie," Brooklyn said as she kissed Ellie on the forehead. "Be good for Emily. I love you so so so much."

She handed Emily the baby and the supply bag. "Thanks again for offering to help out. You're a life saver." 

"I'm happy to spend time with this little munchkin," Emily grinned.

"Okay, Seth and I will be back after school," Brooklyn said. "Call if anything comes up, alright?"

"Alright," Emily said.

Brooklyn said goodbye to Ellie one last time, and got back in the car. 

School was pretty boring, and the entire time, Seth and Brooklyn were either being asked questions about Ellie, or they were thinking about her and how much they missed her. Brooklyn had to deal with a few backhanded comments, but generally, people weren't assholes about the teenage motherhood thing. She was relieved about that.