Chapter 5: Homecoming

"Hey little mama. Wheres ya daddy?" I asked maya.

"Room," she told me.

"Thank you," I said kissing her forehead.

I went to his door and knocked.

"Come in," he said and I entered.

"I heard you might have a job. I'm  proud of you Shawn," I said sitting on his bed next to him.

"Thank you sis. I want a better life for maya. Like you have," he told me.

"Howd the coach know to look out for me?"

"I told grace if she was getting spencer out to get you out. She agreed," shawn told me.

"Thank you. I'm loving it at Beverly, " I told him.

"I know," he said with a smile.

"I have to go. Cheer practice will be soon. I have my competition tomorrow, " I said with smile.

"I'll be there ," he told me, smirking a bit.

"Thank you!" I scream and hug him.

Homecoming is like you make the play offs. Only the top three teams go to the finals. Top three stunt groups. Top three jumpers. Top three tumblers. They also get awarded an all around cheerleader and best coach. It's a huge deal.

"I love you, Pheonix. I'm sorry for everything I've put you though," he said.

"I love you to, and you've taken care of me more then anyone else in our lives," I told him.

Our dad left as soon as brandon joined a gang. Mom was never stable after Brandon died. Its why me and shawn moved out.

"Have fun at cheer and your dance. Your going with JJ, right?" He asked.

"As friends. I'm not feeling anyone in Beverly and Hes using me to make girls jealous, " I told him.

"Friendship at its finest," he said making me laugh.

"Stay safe," with that I grabbed my cheer bag and left.

"Bye Aunt Nix!" Maya yelled after me.

"By Little Mama!" I said and walked out to see Tyrone and Malik.

"Hurt me and Shawn will know," I said pulling my knife out of my boot.

"Chill Pheonix Scott. You're good," tyrone said putting his hands up.

I held onto the knife until I was safe to to put it in my bag. I got a bus there and changed in the locker room. I walked out and started to stretch with Hailee.

"You excited about our stunt group?" She asked.

I was a base and she was a flyer.

"Yes. We are going to kill it. You ready for your jumps?" I asked, Hailee was the queen of jumps.

"Totally. Your going to kill your tumbling routine," she smiled.

"Hell yeah," I said.

After we were stretched we ran through our teams routine for the first half of practice. We got the final kinks out. After that we worked on our individual competition.

Our stunt group was good and my tumbling was really good. We had a shot of making top three. I was excited my brother was coming!

After practice I went home to get ready with olivia.

"Liv. Guess what?" I asked as I put her hair in a slicked back ponytail.

"What?"

"Shawn's coming to my comp tomorrow, " I said finishing her hair.