Chapter 28: Jammy Jamburine

(Thank you to Mindless_Girl217, Splash_Candy,SydneeDenis for voting.

Also. I'm splitting this chapter in half)

"Coach. In cleared. I've been practicing. I'm ready to at least do the tumbling competition," I begged.

"Listen. I dont think it's a good idea," she told me.

"Please. I need to do this," I begged her.

"No Pheonix. I will stand by it," she told me.

"UCLA is coming to watch spencer! I need to be cheering so they see I'm back aswell!" I yelled.

"And if you get hurt again it doesnt matter who came to this damn game! Now go!" She yelled at me.

I stormed out of the locker room going to find asher.

"Aww. Did the little princess not get what she wants," I heard Hailee tease.

"Not today bitch," I told her.

I walked away and found an angry looking Spencer.

"Can you do anything?" He asked me.

"No. Can you?"

"Nope," he growled,"and coach has been suspended."

"For what?" I asked him.

"Wont tell us," he walked away after that.

"Ash. Why was coach suspended?" I asked him.

"Hes covering for me. The steroids," asher said looking guilty.

"I know the games dont start fir a couple days, but I think you need our pregame ritual of cheese fried and milkshakes," I told him.

"Yeah. You drive," he said.

"Okay. My cars around front," asher stopped walking.

"What?" I asked him.

"That's the first time I've heard you refer to it as your car, instead of shawns," he told me.

I widened my eyes. Hes right. Tears pooled up in my eyes.

"Its a good thing, Nix. You have to move on. You cant torture yourself forever," he said putting his arm around me.

"Remember that when you start to blame yourself for Coach Baker," I told him.

"We need therapy," he laughed getting in passenger seat.

"True that," i said and drove to slausons in Crenshaw.

Me and asher determined they have the best cheese fries and milkshakes. We both ordered then sat at the bar. Darnell and Spencer came in a few minutes later.

"Milkshakes and cheese fries. Not a bad idea," spencer said and darnell agreed.

They both ordered some and we sat and talked.

"You going to the jammy jamboree?" I asked the boys.

"Are you going?" Darnell asked.

"Totally. I promised JJ," I told the..

"Why?" Asher asked.

"Cause I convinced hin to do goat yoga instead of me," I told the boys making them crack up.

"See. I may not be playing, but I am not passing up the opportunity to see Nix in PJs," darnell said making me roll my eyes.

"Why arent you playing?" Asher asked.