Chapter 5

There is a box of Cookies on the Kitchen Island. Jessica hates sweets, she always goes for the veggies and fruit. A health nut, in its glorious form. This gives me a reason to believe that the baked goods were meant for me; good old sugar-fiend me.

"A token of truce?" It was more of a question than a statement. Jessica was standing behind me, noticing my curiosity. I don't say much, just turn around to acknowledge her presence.

"I'm sorry for being emotional... It's not your fault, it was technically my idea" Jessica bites her bottom lip, her gaze away from me.

"It's fine," I mutter, my hands already prying the box open.

"Seriously. It was silly of me to be mad about something so ridiculous, he's a Prince. It's not like he's going for a commoner anyway." Her fingers twirl a blonde strand when she leans over the island, watching me take a bite of the soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie. If she had said this a week ago, I would've agreed. It would be insane if the Prince of Luxembourg would pay any attention to a bystander. But after what happened that night, everything seems possible.

The thought of that night makes me shudder, it makes me nauseous. I'm finding it hard to swallow what I had bitten out of the cookie.

"Is everything okay, Ell?" There's a look of concern in her eyes when she's asking me, "You've been distant since you went out with Henry" I force a nod and smile.

"Are you sure? Because Henry thinks you're avoiding him."

How do you tell your best friend you got robbed in the middle of the night, confronted the creep while drunk, and almost got raped? It sounded silly and fictitious. I didn't want to believe it. Even though it dreads my mind; the, what if's... It makes you paranoid about being alone, it makes you feel small and vulnerable. Jessica would freak out, Henry would feel guilty. I couldn't do that to them.

"Yes, Jess, I'm just worried about my exam results" I wasn't lying. She keeps her gaze on me, watching my every move. Jessica knows me like a book inside out, which right now isn't in my favor.

"Seriously," I reassure her, pray she doesn't ask me again because I might just break down and give in. There's no one I can talk to about this, this was my battle.

She sighs and walks over to hug me, it takes every fiber in my body to not cry. I needed a hug.

You blame yourself for being drunk, alcohol becomes your enemy for your stupid decisions. If it wasn't for him, what would have happened? Him...Prince Alexander...Along with the dark thoughts, he's been on my mind. I still couldn't grasp the fact that he was even there. How does your mind process something that seemed insane, impossible?

I can't shake off the look on his face, the grimace expression when he looked at me with those eyes. He seemed so well put together on any media outlet, I swore I thought the Royals were robots. But his emotions were so raw and exposed that night, over a stranger like me. A disbeliever of the Monarchy, to say the least. I try my best to not overwhelm myself with the thought of having a real, sincere interaction with the Prince.

"Good," she steps away from me, "because Henry's here," she grabs the door. Henry's standing at the front. He doesn't acknowledge Jessica and walks straight towards me.

"Ellie..." he musters out before wrapping his arms around me, a hand holding the back of my head.

"You've been worrying me" he admits, I can hear his heartbeat when I hug him back.

"Sorry"

He pulls back, his brown eyes cast down on me apologetic. "No, you shouldn't be sorry, I should be the one to say it. I ditched you for some broad, I was a horrible friend".

"I'm your Wing Woman, that's my whole purpose. Seriously, you both need to stop thinking something's wrong. I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind," I can't look at Henry, his pained face was too much to compute.

"So, are we just gonna chill out for the night? There are cookies for you" I desperately change the topic, paying attention to the pitch of my voice, trying my best to put a pep in each step when I walk towards the couch where Jessica was already sitting, taking a sip of her red wine.

Henry shrugs, sits between us, the whole box of cookies in his lap. He sets down a six-pack on the coffee table.

"Really? Cookies and beer?" the disgust in my voice came out more evident than I'd like it to. But those two things seemed like an appalling combination.

Henry sneers when he opens the can, passing it to me. Suddenly that man's face flashes in my mind, my screams and cries. I shake my head, the thought of alcohol now makes me sick. "Really?" Henry's eyebrow is raised, "Yes, really," I confirmed.

As we scroll through Netflix figuring out what to watch, Jessica speaks. "I cannot believe Prince Alexander was here last week again. Secretly meeting a girl," my heart races and the blood in my face escapes me, "A girl?" my voice sounds weak, they both look over.

"Yea, it was all over the magazines" the room around me spins when she spoke. She pulls out a magazine from her bag before she can hand it to me, I've already grabbed it.

They both stare at me, confused at my reaction. But I don't care. My eyes are scanning the front of the page. Praying to every higher being that I was not recognizable. Paranoia possesses me, sure, Jess doesn't realize it's me now, but what if she eventually does? I wouldn't be able to explain that to anyone, Jessica would kill me for not telling her that I met the Prince. She really would end our friendship, hiding the person she idolizes most. I couldn't imagine her reaction if she knew, after what had happened over a month ago.

23 AND STILL FOOLING AROUND! SEEN WITH GERMAN SUPERMODEL IN REMICH

Prince Alexander is holding a woman with blonde hair, her fingers intertwined with his hair, he was bent down kissing the mysterious person.

The weight was lifted off my shoulders, I can breathe again.

"What's up with that creepy smile?" Jessica asks me, I don't even realize that I'm grinning like a fool.

I give the magazine back, "Let's watch Pineapple Express," my attention averting to the TV, ignoring the questioning stare from both my friends. They hold their gaze at me for another moment before giving in, assuming I'm just being me.

It all made sense now, why the Prince was there that night. He must have been partying somewhere around town and noticed me. My curiosity ends here. I don't want to feel bad for someone like him, a man born into power. But I can't help but wonder how he lives being scrutinized for everything he does. A part of me pities the Prince.

Either way, I am thankful he decided to hook up with someone that night. His 'bachelor' attitude led him to save me. 

The Prince's Little Honey BadgerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara